LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 262 users in the forums

MadDog49er draft big board?

Originally posted by Hawaii49er:
Miss these every year. Thanks MadDog

"If the Niners are swinging for the fences, they HAVE to pick Lance, who I believe has the highest ceiling of any of the QBs. He is just so damn raw, and is going to need at least two years to sit before he is ready to go. He is the biggest wildcard in this draft. Smart, huge arm, and the best running ability of any of the QB. Right now, he is a one-read and get the hell out here prospect, with accuracy issues. I am simply not the gambler, as a missed pick here will damage the team for a half-decade, and think Fields is the best choice for the team because the window for winning the Super Bowl is closing fast, and I don't think Lance will be ready to lift this team to that level until year three at the earliest."

Maddog!
I guess they swung for the fences.

And, although I like Fields more, I can't find fault in this pick. Shanahan has his ball of clay. It is good for Jimmy G. as well. Now, the fan base has to be patient. Just hoping there is enough of the team in place when he is ready to roll.

Thanks to all of you for the kind thoughts about my kids. I will return to this board and in my evals of players in full force someday, trust me.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:

And, although I like Fields more, I can't find fault in this pick. Shanahan has his ball of clay. It is good for Jimmy G. as well. Now, the fan base has to be patient. Just hoping there is enough of the team in place when he is ready to roll.

Thanks to all of you for the kind thoughts about my kids. I will return to this board and in my evals of players in full force someday, trust me.

All the best to you and yours!

Take care, MD! Best of luck to you and your family! Looking forward to your next post, whenever that may be!
Respect to MadDog. It was always cool going back and forth with him on prospects.

Good luck to the kids! Take care brother!
Feels good to see our takes on this were pretty identical. Feel the same about the outcome. Ball of clay is perfect metaphor.
  • 91til
  • Veteran
who was the other guy who used to do big boards here too, anyone remember? Definitely missing those "best available" boards now that it's day two
Since we are swinging for the fence, give me Ojulari, even with his knee. The window is now.
Since we are swinging for the fence, give me Ojulari, even with his knee. The window is now.

Would have liked him, too. But hopefully Banks can start from day one.

Ha!! love it that the Dog can't stay away on draft day... keep the analysis coming MD
  • Shifty
  • Veteran

Is it just me or is our window not closing fast?? Our best players are all very young and/or locked up long term. Lets say the worst happens and Lance is a major bust. I don't see why in 3 years we can't go all in on another QB or sign a free agent QB.

I do agree that picking Lance is a huge leap of faith in Shanahan's ability to develop a QB, Lance (as you rightly pointed out) has the highest potential of any QB here. We hit it right, we are set for 20 years, we don't? Reset in 3 years.
My shadow draft pick at 88 Quinn Meinerz. Have to think he is going soon
  • Mr711

Him or Molden!!!! Meinerz would make me a very happy camper
Originally posted by MrNineSeven:

Him or Molden!!!! Meinerz would make me a very happy camper

I can somewhat understand Meinerz falling.. but Molden???? I hope they are still available at 102
Share 49ersWebzone