There are 231 users in the forums

The angry draft rant thread 😡😡

I remember the day of the trade. Saw a thread in the draft forum "holy s**t 49ers trade for the 3rd overall pick" and I remember thinking "f**king 9moon" but then I saw it was Hero who started it. I then felt the excitement that it was actually happening. I open it up and the first thing I read. that's a lot to give up for Mac Jones - Phoenix. This is why I hope Phoenix catches every red light on his way home after having a breakfast burrito with extra hot green chili.
Originally posted by 9erguy:

Mac Jones

Mac Jones on draft day

[ Edited by swoosh6996 on Mar 29, 2021 at 12:07 PM ]
Originally posted by pdc20:
Originally posted by Heroism:
Originally posted by bigdawg49:
Sage rosenfels is also shanahans best friend

Lol no.

Simms and Shanahan literally have matching tattoos. This is beyond BFFs. This is a bromance.

This is a bromance but when Simms was in mad love with Mahomes in 2017, f**king Kyle could care less.

Mahomes has too much mobility for Kyle's liking
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
I remember the day of the trade. Saw a thread in the draft forum "holy s**t 49ers trade for the 3rd overall pick" and I remember thinking "f**king 9moon" but then I saw it was Hero who started it. I then felt the excitement that it was actually happening. I open it up and the first thing I read. that's a lot to give up for Mac Jones - Phoenix. This is why I hope Phoenix catches every red light on his way home after having a breakfast burrito with extra hot green chili.

Mac is the type of QB that gets a coach fired if he is average and the other guys are studs.

Of course he could get fired if he drafts the wrong guy anyway but he whiffed on Mahomes and Watson once already.

HAHA

I posted this in the Jones thread but I'll throw it in here..

One of my close friends is buddies with a guy that works in the league...he occasionally drops him some "info" and for the most part has been on point, especially this yr.

He said Lance is the Niner's legit target not Mac or Fields. They don't want ATL leaping them, even if it's a small possibility... plus there no reason for them to deny anything about Mac right now it just muddies up the water for teams below them.

discuss.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

One of my close friends is buddies with a guy that works in the league...he occasionally drops him some "info" and for the most part has been on point, especially this yr.

He said Lance is the Niner's legit target not Mac or Fields. They don't want ATL leaping them, even if it's a small possibility... plus there no reason for them to deny anything about Mac right now it just muddies up the water for teams below them.

discuss.

I like Trey Lance and would be very excited if he's the 49ers' QB of the future. It's terrifying risk to take Trey Lance at 3, but its a f**king Barry-Bonds-level swing for the fences. I respect it.

discuss.

Please Please Please

Have Jimmy G play in 2021 and Lance takes the reigns in 2022.

Please Please Please !!

Lol no.

Simms and Shanahan literally have matching tattoos. This is beyond BFFs. This is a bromance.

Simms has also said many many times that he doesn't talk to Kyle much anymore...and it's not usually about football when they do speak.

Sage actually does hang with Shanny, he talked about it on a recent podcast.
Simms has also said many many times that he doesn't talk to Kyle much anymore...and it's not usually about football when they do speak.

Sage actually does hang with Shanny, he talked about it on a recent podcast.

It's b******t. Simms has Shanny on every year for uncensored interview like no other media can have with Shanny. They're still close as hell. Simms just downplays it so people don't hang onto everything he says. The most recent one:

[ Edited by Heroism on Mar 29, 2021 at 12:25 PM ]
I'm angry people are angry at the idea of Mac Jones, he's clearly the better QB vs Fields/Lance right now

I'd be fine with whoever we draft because I trust Shanahan, but the fact that people are flipping out over the idea of Mac Jones, when he's the most logical option is hurting my head

I might have to stay off the internet until the draft
Originally posted by NinerBuff:

discuss.

Please Please Please

Have Jimmy G play in 2021 and Lance takes the reigns in 2022.

Please Please Please !!

It makes a ton of sense, Albright said ATL loves them some Lance and in order to get him you'd have to move into the top 3. SF did just that.

There wasn't a team that was reported to have some massive love with Jones outside of many CAR. You didn't need to move into the top 3 to get him. We will see, far too much talk overall for a team NO ONE had a clue that they were moving up to three or that invested in this draft class.

That lightened me up a bit, seriously, thanks Hysterikal! I still blame Phoenix for McGlinchey so add a pound of beans in his burrito for me and no place to stop to let it go
Share 49ersWebzone