LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 242 users in the forums

The Fatal Fourway: Wilson, Lance, Fields, and Jones; Enter and declare your allegiance!

• fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
Originally posted by boomer49er:
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Originally posted by GoldenJoe:
Originally posted by blissful:
Jones or Wilson, the rest will fizzle away like 99% of all the hyped African American QBs that came out of the college in the last 20 years.
Originally posted by krizay:
Jones
Wilson

Fields

Lance

Whoa....easy there.

Jesus. He isn't long for these forums.

Should already be gone.

No worries, fellas, either he is a PBM, a straight racist dope, or a goddamn fool. Usually, they take care of themselves.
  • HERN
  • Veteran
I'm definitely intrigued by Lance. In my opinion he might be "the" boom or bust QB of the 4.

Not a fan of Fields.

Jones...tbh, he reminds me tooooo much of Jamies Winston. No thanks.

i guess I'll go with Wilson here. I'm assuming Jets will go Fields or Lance. Shanny must've liked what he heard from Salah as to who they were going with at 2 for them to make the move to 3.
Originally posted by fropwns:
Jones or Wilson, the rest will fizzle away like 99% of all the hyped African American QBs that came out of the college in the last 20 years.
Jones
Wilson

Fields

Lance

Whoa....easy there.

Should already be gone.

No worries, fellas, either he is a PBM, a straight racist dope, or a goddamn fool. Usually, they take care of themselves.

Agreed. An embarrassingly dumb take.

I hope the 49ers get it right whoever they pick. We need a true franchise QB.
I think Wilson will be gone, putting me on Team Fields. He checks all the boxes for me. He's played in 34 games against solid, sometimes against elite competition on big stages. He's obviously very tough and seems like a solid young man. Obviously the talent is undeniable and I think the flaws that need to be corrected are correctable, especially if he has a year to sit. I'd be happy with Wilson or Fields at #3.

Lance is a fantastic athlete but I can't shake the bad feeling thinking about only 18 games against relatively low-tier competition. The idea of drafting Lance makes my knees weak. I'd rather take Mac Jones at #3.

Regardless I'm in the camp that believes it'll be best for the rook to sit a year. It'll be best if they don't flip JG so they don't need to train up another vet (Minshew?).
1) Wilson
2) Lance
3) Fields

Not Mac Jones.
Originally posted by Costanza:
1) Wilson
2) Lance
3) Fields

Not Mac Jones.

Same
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Originally posted by Costanza:
1) Wilson
2) Lance
3) Fields

Not Mac Jones.

Same

I'm here for this too...

But I think Jones is the most likely...
Wilson is incredible, but if we got him I might start going to church.

It's gotta be Fields for me. I looove Lance, and I'll be pretty happy if we take him, but I couldn't pick him at #3 with Fields right there.

The question marks on Lance are big and it's hard to predict how they'll be answered. It's his accuracy and how he's going to react to a real pass rush. He just doesn't face big men breathing down his neck very often, so it's a kind of a mystery.

With Fields I know for a fact that he has great accuracy and is not intimidated by anyone. He's also not as big a project as people say, he's very capable of taking over at some point in year 1.

Jones at 3? How bout a long snapper?
Originally posted by FacePalm:
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
Wilson
Jones
Fields
Lance

Honestly think it's going to be Jones

Kellen Mond

Oh wow. I won't report you as at least you came out and said it, honestly, speaking as a black man we prefer people to come out and say things like that rather than hiding behind bias.

Thank you for proving a point I made in the Fields thread.
[ Edited by 49erBigMac on Mar 26, 2021 at 10:18 PM ]
Originally posted by 49erBigMac:
Oh wow. I won't report you as at least you came out and said it, honestly, speaking as a black man we prefer people to come out and say things like that rather than hiding behind bias.

Thank you for proving a point I made in the Fields thread.

He was just here to stir up trouble and be provocative. Only proves he is an ass.

I'm ranking it Fields, Jones, Wilson then Lance.

Edit: I did get a laugh when investigating fropwns' "PBM." Sounded familiar but couldn't quite place it. Google said "Pharmacy Benefit Manager" and Urbandictionary said "Potential Boyfriend Material"... Neither really seemed on point... Then I remembered...
[ Edited by Midbay on Mar 27, 2021 at 7:44 AM ]
Originally posted by fropwns:
Jones
Wilson

Fields

Lance

Whoa....easy there.

Should already be gone.

Wasn't going to go there but I like the way you just put that Fro.
Imagine having a choice to be picked by the Jets or Niners
Share 49ersWebzone