LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 238 users in the forums

Travis Etienne, RB - Clemson

Travis Etienne - 5'10" 205lbs Sr Clemson

2020 stats: 168 carries, 914 rushing yards, 14 rushing touchdowns, 48 receptions, 588 receiving yards, 2 touchdown receptions.
Two-time offensive ACC Player of the Year and a two-time ACC overall Player of the Year.

Here's a runner that's being overlooked by the webzone. We all think shanny can make due with udfa rbs. So why spend a late first or our second round pick on a this guy? He is a home run hitter from anywhere on the field.His acceleration is second to none. He hits the hole decisively. He's tough to bring down if defenders can even catch him. He's a pass catching weapon out of the back field and a monster on screen passes. His running style is just what Shannahan is looking for and he's also great in pass protection. There isn't much not to like.

The best part? We can likely pick him up late in the first after trading back and picking up an additional first next year or possibly even with our 2nd round pick.

This guy would be a highlight reel for years to come.

Great prospect but will go waaay too early for us. But he's an amazing fit in this offense.
[ Edited by Heroism on Feb 11, 2021 at 3:08 PM ]
Yeah, I know I'm on the Pitts train so can't really talk, but RB is just a step too far for me. I also don't think he played as well this year as expected, was great last year.
He didn't look as spry this season.

I like my running backs spry.
He's still the same guy but Clemson replaced 4 out of 5 OL starters and couldn't get a push in the running game. It was very frustrating to watch. Where he has really improved is as a receiver, too. He's the best back in the draft and by far the most explosive. Can house it from anywhere and also runs hard. I think he'll be the first back off the board and will still go in the first. Would love to see him here but would be hard to justify taking him that early with our other needs and a solid RB stable.

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Would love to see them draft him if he fell to the 2nd. I doubt it though.
Terrific player but the needs elsewhere are too important. Plus, the team can pick up undrafted players who can do a really good job so why?
if he is there in the 5th sure. We have a ton of other needs ahead of RB.
Originally posted by miked1978:
if he is there in the 5th sure. We have a ton of other needs ahead of RB.

Maybe even the 4th?

Originally posted by Kolohe:
Would love to see them draft him if he fell to the 2nd. I doubt it though.

I keep picking him late in the 1st after trading back in the PFN draft simulator. Trade back twice, pick up an extra 1st next year and some more ammo this year. I agree there's no way we should pick him up at 12, but Etienne and a first next year sounds like great value from #12.
Bump

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nfl.com/_amp/2021-nfl-draft-travis-etienne-helps-himself-at-clemson-pro-day
[ Edited by Scooper1 on Mar 11, 2021 at 6:47 PM ]
He's a solid player, but severely overrated IMO. I keep seeing him rated as the top RB in the class and in the top-20. I'm not buying that at all. Put him in the top-5 at his position, fine. Keep him out of the 1st round though.

No way he's better than Harris either. Najee routinely takes over games. He has that Derrick Henry, bully ability. Etienne morning isn't on his level.
Originally posted by strickac:
He's a solid player, but severely overrated IMO. I keep seeing him rated as the top RB in the class and in the top-20. I'm not buying that at all. Put him in the top-5 at his position, fine. Keep him out of the 1st round though.

No way he's better than Harris either. Najee routinely takes over games. He has that Derrick Henry, bully ability. Etienne morning isn't on his level.
ETN has taken over plenty of games, but he rarely had 4th quarter snaps. He's his conference leading all time rusher despite not getting fourth quarter carries, and he has the highest post contact yardage clip of any RB in the draft. He bullies people all over the field and has legit homerun ability from anywhere on the field. I'm not advocating us taking him due to other needs and our RB stable, but he's legit. He put on 20 pounds since the season and still clocked a 4.40/40 for the scouts this week.

• boast
  • Hella Fame
Share 49ersWebzone