LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 190 users in the forums

Azeez Ojulari-Edge-Georgia

Originally posted by Waterbear:
Ojulari>Paye

I think for what we need you may be right. Player for player I'm not so sure. But for what our D needs (Dee Ford) he seems to make more sense.
Originally posted by 49erBigMac:
Originally posted by Heroism:
I don't think he's an option at 12. He's good, but not 12 good. Dude is undersized at 240 lbs for a first-round pick. Burns was a much better prospect, weighed in at 250 lbs and went 16th overall.

Late first-early day 2 for Azeez, IMO.

I haven't got to watching him yet, but I did do Burns, he went miles too late, much better than Ferrell who went #4 for being stout against the run.

This game is about effecting QB's these days.

Yup, if Bosa was gone, I wanted Burns. His hands were so good, his dip/balance were superhuman, and his counter game was nasty.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Nice Jalean Phillips alternative. I just want another guy, provided that we sign Hyder. We just need 2 (vet and rookie) to go along with Bosa. This will also decrease the need to play AA at edge.

Also loving the Burns comp.

Unlike Phillips, Ojulari's never retired due to excessive concussions so there's that as a bonus.
With Bosa coming back from a major injury. Ford's health is still unknown and Hyder a FA, we got to add more pass rushers! Just too many question marks in this unit and I would like this guy to bookend with Bosa. I hope we can get Hyder back and we're set there. Not expecting anything from Ford, but if he somehow able to comeback and contribute that's icing for this coming year.
Originally posted by frankieuc68:
With Bosa coming back from a major injury. Ford's health is still unknown and Hyder a FA, we got to add more pass rushers! Just too many question marks in this unit and I would like this guy to bookend with Bosa. I hope we can get Hyder back and we're set there. Not expecting anything from Ford, but if he somehow able to comeback and contribute that's icing for this coming year.

Yup. Three certified starters is what I'm looking for (Bosa, maybe Hyder, and a rookie). Plus rotational guys in Jordan Willis and Ronald Blair if cheap enough. If not draft another edge player on day 3 to develop.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Nice Jalean Phillips alternative. I just want another guy, provided that we sign Hyder. We just need 2 (vet and rookie) to go along with Bosa. This will also decrease the need to play AA at edge.

Unlike Phillips, Ojulari's never retired due to excessive concussions so there's that as a bonus.

Indeed. My Miami homerism will not allow me to let him go.

I didn't even know he was a Redshirt Sophomore! Assumed Junior, that intrigues me, kid has plenty of room to grow.

Weight room and a ham sandwich and we're laughing!

Have 2 Fields games to go and then I'm onto edges, have a feeling this guy may be first!
[ Edited by 49erBigMac on Jan 22, 2021 at 6:36 PM ]
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
Yup, if Bosa was gone, I wanted Burns. His hands were so good, his dip/balance were superhuman, and his counter game was nasty.

Agreed

Unlike Phillips, Ojulari's never retired due to excessive concussions
so there's that as a bonus.

Yeah but phillips is the best pass rusher coming off the edge by far in this whole draft and phillips had bad luck with injuries plus got into a freak vehicle accident and then ucla pretty much forced him to retire.

Ojulari is a good prospect, but no where near the level of burns
Originally posted by adrianlesnar:

Yup, not close.
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
Originally posted by 49erBigMac:
I don't think he's an option at 12. He's good, but not 12 good. Dude is undersized at 240 lbs for a first-round pick. Burns was a much better prospect, weighed in at 250 lbs and went 16th overall.

Late first-early day 2 for Azeez, IMO.

I haven't got to watching him yet, but I did do Burns, he went miles too late, much better than Ferrell who went #4 for being stout against the run.

This game is about effecting QB's these days.

Me too, but throw Josh Allen in there too.
Originally posted by adrianlesnar:

Yup, not close.

Close enough to be worthy of #12?

If we could get Stafford for two 2nds and draft an EDGE in the 1st id be super hyped.

We rolled through GB last year with our DL and pass rush and will roll through NFC playoffs next year if we can replace Ford's abilities opposite Bosa.
Yup. Three certified starters is what I'm looking for (Bosa, maybe Hyder, and a rookie). Plus rotational guys in Jordan Willis and Ronald Blair if cheap enough. If not draft another edge player on day 3 to develop.

Share 49ersWebzone