LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 314 users in the forums

Azeez Ojulari-Edge-Georgia

Another pass rushing option for consideration. Ojulari is much more in the mold of a Dee Ford, an explosive edge that can get around in a hurry and has both the hands and athleticism to thrive in this defense. He's more like a Brian Burns, definitely undersized but would add a missing element to the defense and help with running down some of the more mobile QB's that this team will face.

Kid looks good out there. Would look even better in our wide 9 defense
I like, dude is a speed demon of the edge.
I was about to make this thread. I really like this dude. Loose, explosive athlete. Interested to see what he weighs at the combine. He's listed at 240 and it shows up at times against the run on tape.
[ Edited by Heroism on Jan 21, 2021 at 8:59 PM ]
Ojulari>Paye
Would def take at #12. If we don't go QB. I want a QB.

Wilson.

Jones.

Stafford.

How bout we draft this EDGE with #12 and get Stafford for two 2nds.
Originally posted by Ezekiel38:

Wilson.

Jones.

Stafford.

I don't think he's an option at 12. He's good, but not 12 good. Dude is undersized at 240 lbs for a first-round pick. Burns was a much better prospect, weighed in at 250 lbs and went 16th overall.

Late first-early day 2 for Azeez, IMO.
Originally posted by Heroism:
I don't think he's an option at 12. He's good, but not 12 good. Dude is undersized at 240 lbs for a first-round pick. Burns was a much better prospect, weighed in at 250 lbs and went 16th overall.

I haven't got to watching him yet, but I did do Burns, he went miles too late, much better than Ferrell who went #4 for being stout against the run.

This game is about effecting QB's these days.
In addition to that, whilst we have AA doing edge on early downs, it just doesn't really matter to us.
Originally posted by 49erBigMac:
I haven't got to watching him yet, but I did do Burns, he went miles too late, much better than Ferrell who went #4 for being stout against the run.

This game is about effecting QB's these days.

What a steal at 16. Burns was amazing this year. He's a lot of fun to watch.
[ Edited by Heroism on Jan 22, 2021 at 12:45 AM ]

Pair Ojulari up with Bosa and it'll be 2019 pressure defense all over again. Unfortunately, 12 is too high for him and he'll be gone by the Niners 2nd round pick unless they trade back up late 1st like they did with Aiyuk.

Ojulari is a beast and has all the tools to be successful in the NFL.
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:
Pair Ojulari up with Bosa and it'll be 2019 pressure defense all over again. Unfortunately, 12 is too high for him and he'll be gone by the Niners 2nd round pick unless they trade back up late 1st like they did with Aiyuk.

Ojulari is a beast and has all the tools to be successful in the NFL.

Again I haven't watched, but if you hit on a pick there's no such thing as too high.

The issue if you reach and miss is if others below go onto play better.

The board at 12 will be really interesting.

3,4 or 5 QB's before us? 2 or 3WR's? 2 or 3 OT's? 2 CB's? Does Micah Parsons or Kwitty Paye make it.

The board will help dictate our decision.
[ Edited by 49erBigMac on Jan 22, 2021 at 12:56 AM ]
Originally posted by Heroism:
Originally posted by Ezekiel38:

Wilson.

Jones.

Stafford.

With respect Heroism, if he is a genuine replacement for Ford I doubt he will drop to the second. And the difference between, say, 12 and 16 is purely other team's needs and their perception of players. A second pass rusher with Bosa is hugely important to us. That and O line and, probably, db's. If the team thinks he is the man for the job, why risk another team snatching him up?
I like the speed/hands aspect a lot
Nice Jalean Phillips alternative. I just want another guy, provided that we sign Hyder. We just need 2 (vet and rookie) to go along with Bosa. This will also decrease the need to play AA at edge.

Also loving the Burns comp.
Share 49ersWebzone