LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 347 users in the forums

Rashawn Slater - OL

Even though the Niners OL has had a couple of solid weeks in a row, I think they still need to consider draft an interior offensive lineman earlier to take over for Brunskill or whatever C we have at the end of the year. This kids name has popped up in the last few weeks as a potential top 20 pick.

https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/rashawn-slater/1pKUn4IfC4

If a QB or top CB is not available at their pick, Slater is a definite possibility.
Have to think OL has to be be considered in the 1st rd and this guy seems to be one of the better ones coming out. If the team can finally put out a OL that doesn't help cost you games, then whoever the QB is should be able to perform better when given the chance.
Originally posted by Ark49er:
Have to think OL has to be be considered in the 1st rd and this guy seems to be one of the better ones coming out. If the team can finally put out a OL that doesn't help cost you games, then whoever the QB is should be able to perform better when given the chance.

Slater is a very good prospect but he's not the difference between winning or losing today. Washington has 5 1st rounders on their DL. They are like the 49ers of a year ago. There isn't an OL that will completely shutdown that pass rush, you need a QB that can take advantage of the opportunities that do come up throughout the game and land some big passing plays along with running the football. Mullens had chances at some huge plays but once again his limitations were quite apparent.
Phoenix if we don't go OL first then we have to draft Trey Lance no its, ands, or buts about it. We need a big strong QB that can make plays and withstand getting hit a lot because that will happen playing behind this OL.
Bump because Slater could be a real possibility in the 1st.
This guy's game vs Ohio State is impressive as hell. He dominated Chase Young. He's listed at 6'3", 305, which is very small for a tackle, but the dude can play. He might have to switch to guard in the NFL. I'm curious to see what his arm length is at the combine.
Originally posted by Heroism:
This guy's game vs Ohio State is impressive as hell. He dominated Chase Young. He's listed at 6'3", 305, which is very small for a tackle, but the dude can play. He might have to switch to guard in the NFL. I'm curious to see what his arm length is at the combine.

Love his versatility and nastiness.
Originally posted by AsianJeff:

I really think if we don't trade up for Wilson or don't pull the trigger on Jones at 12 we take Slater, perfect OG who could still slide to tackle if needed down the road.
Everyone should watch this game. He kicks Chase Young's ass!

Originally posted by irishluder:

I really think if we don't trade up for Wilson or don't pull the trigger on Jones at 12 we take Slater, perfect OG who could still slide to tackle if needed down the road.

100% agreed.
This guy can play OT and IOL. I'd pick him in round 1 and Creed Humphrey in round 2.
Usually I'm against getting two rookie OL start the same year, but this team really needs to solidify the unit and this class is excellent to do so.
We fill the C and RG position in one go. You also keep Ben Garland and Brunskill for depth thanks to their versatility.
Originally posted by richterkbelmont:
This guy can play OT and IOL. I'd pick him in round 1 and Creed Humphrey in round 2.
Usually I'm against getting two rookie OL start the same year, but this team really needs to solidify the unit and this class is excellent to do so.
We fill the C and RG position in one go. You also keep Ben Garland and Brunskill for depth thanks to their versatility.

Slater and Creed

Would not be opposed to this at all. We solidify the line and protect jimmy. We can address other positions like edge and CB in the mid rounds.

Slater and Creed

Trent, Laken, Creed, Slater, Mike.
If Mike puts it together in the offseason that's a solid line ones the rookies adjust to the NFL. If not you can plug Brunskill who did a great job at OT.
Slater can take over RT once Mike rookie deal is done.
Share 49ersWebzone