There are 178 users in the forums

Justin Fields QB - Ohio State

Justin Fields QB - Ohio State

Every throw and run from Fields today:
+ Clearly not a scrambler. I dont wanna hear that anymore.
+ mechanics have improved, really quiet feet in the pocket, no wasted movement.
+ wicked live arm. Throws outside the numbers with ease, and accurately.
+ strong runner... fast and athletic, but he's not a dancer... gets his yardage and gets down. Strongly built, thick legs.

- took some unnecessary hits when he got too comfortable in the pocket. Almost too much trust in his offensive line. I dont think that's a bad thing, though.
- not a bad thing, but the talent around him is so good. Sometimes it's like watching a glorified 7v7. Still, some of these throws are difficult to make, even if you had 30 attempts and a jugs machine.
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
That's a nfl throw right there

How is that an NFL throw? He had no pressure and the WR was wide open by 5 yards. He better hit that 10 out of 10 times

Nah that as a 50 yard dime.

Moved up in the pocket, moved the safety with his eyes then came back and hit the post. Great throw.

Lawrence & fields are studs. We'll have zero shot at either.
Man Lawrence and Fields are great prospects. Its tough to determine who is better. Whoever gets them.... don't mess up their careers please.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Nah that as a 50 yard dime.

Moved up in the pocket, moved the safety with his eyes then came back and hit the post. Great throw.

Lawrence & fields are studs. We'll have zero shot at either.

Not impressed.

Had a perfect pocket and the receiver did his job. ALL NFL QB's can make all the throws but it's the ones who can do it, over and over again, under duress, and elevates his play in the last 5 minutes of the game.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
EZ throws when no one's rushing... I still think he's a little overrated at this stage.. he needs another season..
Originally posted by 9moon:
EZ throws when no one's rushing... I still think he's a little overrated at this stage.. he needs another season..

Lol.. how can you say that based off a literally near perfect performance?
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Man Lawrence and Fields are great prospects. Its tough to determine who is better. Whoever gets them.... don't mess up their careers please.

Lawrence, the answer is Lawrence. Lawrence has been #1 for so long that people are getting bored and starting to nitpick every little thing about him. I think Fields is a great prospect in his own right but Lawrence is on another level as a passer.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by gold49digger:

Lawrence, the answer is Lawrence. Lawrence has been #1 for so long that people are getting bored and starting to nitpick every little thing about him. I think Fields is a great prospect in his own right but Lawrence is on another level as a passer.

If I had to answer it would be lawrence. But fields is developing really well.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Fields reminds me a lot like Deshaun Watson the way he just stands in the pocket and delivers!!! IMO I think he should be a top 15-20 pick, Zach Wilson will over take both Trey Lance and Justin Fields to be drafted second.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Fields reminds me a lot like Deshaun Watson the way he just stands in the pocket and delivers!!! IMO I think he should be a top 15-20 pick, Zach Wilson will over take both Trey Lance and Justin Fields to be drafted second.

Highly doubt that, Fields will be the 2nd quarterback taken unless he has an epic collapse the rest of the season, should go top 5.

• 9moon
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DaBeegDeek:

the point I'm trying to make here is that this kid could find himself similar to Ryan Leaf's at San Diego.. he is very talented, but you can tell he's not that matured yet (Haskins having the same issue) and if a bad team ends up drafting this kid, he's going to be a BUST..

for example, if Lawrence announces that he wont play in New York, the Jets will end up taking Fields... and if he ends up w/the Jets and the management now, it'll be all over... all over..

His one incompletion was a dropped TD pass lol.

the point I'm trying to make here is that this kid could find himself similar to Ryan Leaf's at San Diego.. he is very talented, but you can tell he's not that matured yet (Haskins having the same issue) and if a bad team ends up drafting this kid, he's going to be a BUST..

for example, if Lawrence announces that he wont play in New York, the Jets will end up taking Fields... and if he ends up w/the Jets and the management now, it'll be all over... all over..

WTF? Comparing him to Ryan Leaf? What has he done off the field for you to assume that and how the hell can you tell he isn't mature? This take is just as bad as your trade suggestions

The only way he's going outside the Top 5 is if he gets caught beating up middle schoolers and taking their lunch money while forcing them to smoke crack.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

The only way he's going outside the Top 5 is if he gets caught beating up middle schoolers and taking their lunch money while forcing them to smoke crack.

Share 49ersWebzone