There are 193 users in the forums

Carlos "Boogie" Basham Jr. DL Wake Forest

PROS: Balanced defender with sound ability as a pass rusher and run defender. ID's blocking schemes quickly, particularly against the run with an understanding of how to counter. Gap-sound defender that understands run fits. Illustrates good rush variety but his best move is the inside rip move. Also features a good spin move, bull rush and club/swim combo. Takes good rush angles and never gets too far up the field. There are plenty of positive reps where he takes a wide-9 alignment, rushes with good tilt and applies pressure. Motor always runs hot. 29 tackles for loss, 14.5 sacks and three forced fumbles across 2018 and 2019.

CONS: Modest athlete that isn't overly sudden, twitchy or flexible. Has plenty of initial rush moves but getting to his counters and fleshing out his secondary/ancillary moves is needed. Wish there was more pop in his hands and a bit more functional strength at the point of attack, particularly when anchoring against down blocks. Has challenges clearing his pads once the blockers hands are fit.

https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/carlos-basham-jr/tPItXWPHqv

Looks like a wide 9 pass rush prospect
Cousin of the Basham in the league who at the time of his draft, Shanny was high on and we almost drafted. This guy is more of an effort player, not much athleticism but a good player with upside. Nice prospect for day 2 imo
Considering the lack of edge rushing talent in this draft I think he goes top 15
Carlos "Boogie" Basham, DE, Wake Forest. Basham made himself some money this week by showing his inside/outside versatility. Some defensive linemen just have a knack for getting into the backfield no matter where they line up, and Boogie is one of those players. His quickness was a problem for guards when he rushed from the inside, and he's going to be a good edge setter against the run. I'd like to see him play as a 4-3 DE in a base defense at the next level and then kick inside in sub packages. There was no top-tier defensive end in this year's Senior Bowl, but Basham really stood out from the rest of the group.

www.nfl.com/news/2021-senior-bowl-daniel-jeremiah-s-top-10-nfl-draft-winners-from-week-of-practic
[ Edited by ChaunceyGardner on Jan 29, 2021 at 4:18 PM ]
https://www.nfl.com/news/2021-nfl-draft-ideal-top-two-picks-for-every-team

Round 2: No. 43 overall -- Boogie Basham, edge, Wake Forest

"On defense, San Francisco could move Arik Armstead inside full-time, then play Basham at the power end position to maximize both their talents."
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:

"On defense, San Francisco could move Arik Armstead inside full-time

This guy clearly doesn't understand how our scheme works or what our personnel is. Unless they move Kinlaw to nose tackle, it's impossible to move AA inside full-time.
[ Edited by Heroism on Apr 12, 2021 at 3:57 PM ]
Originally posted by Heroism:
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:

"On defense, San Francisco could move Arik Armstead inside full-time

This guy clearly doesn't understand how our scheme works or what our personnel is. Unless they move Kinlaw to nose tackle, it's impossible to move AA inside full-time.

I'm a big Boogie fan, but yeah I agree with that.

One thing I don't see him doing is winning on the outside (no real bend). Not seeing any moves on that outside shoulder, no Nick bosa side scissor move...
Share 49ersWebzone