LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 250 users in the forums

Draft order without 2020 season

I had a random thought about what would happen if the NFL season was canceled due to COVID19.

If the season is canceled how would the NFL deternine the draft order next year? Lottery like NBA? Would T-Law really get drafted by the team who lucked into the first pick?
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Draft Lottery I would think.
Originally posted by Kolohe:

That is crazy to me. The fact that Lawerence and Fields will get picked by a team that got lucky in a lottery lol.
Originally posted by 49ers18:
Originally posted by Kolohe:

That is crazy to me. The fact that Lawerence and Fields will get picked by a team that got lucky in a lottery lol.

Well, that would be really lucky for Lawrence! He might even end up with us!
A draft lottery for the NFL is terrifying to me. We all know the NFL is corrupt... this would be awful for us.
I would think a lottery with "entries" based on 2019 standings.
Pats would win bc they would find a way to rig it lol then be a dynasty for another decade
Originally posted by adrianlesnar:
I would think a lottery with "entries" based on 2019 standings.

That would make the most sense.
Originally posted by jersey49er:
Pats would win bc they would find a way to rig it lol then be a dynasty for another decade

deflated ping pong balls?
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by random49er:

frozen envelopes

Originally posted by boast:
Originally posted by random49er:

frozen envelopes

Taping how the ping pong balls was created
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
guys guys guyyyysss !!!

I've already posted what it's going to be called !!

THE TREVOR LOTTERY !!
Originally posted by Waterbear:
A draft lottery for the NFL is terrifying to me. We all know the NFL is corrupt... this would be awful for us.

Patriots get Lawrence. Steelers get Fields.
Glazer said on the Athletic he thought it would just be the same as 2020's, but you can't do that.

It has to be some kind of lottery weighted on 5 year average record or something, maybe even with adjustments for FA signings and losses like they do for supplemental draft picks. Which would be great for us!
Could you imagine if the niners won it, what a predicament Shanahan would face, say bye bye to Jimmy and take Trevor Lawrence or go Jamarr Chase or the OT from Oregon.
Share 49ersWebzone