There are 183 users in the forums

Draft order without 2020 season

Originally posted by TheGore49er:
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Originally posted by JMC52:
Good for 2 years till the nfl catches up with him?

He's a much better passer than Kaep ever was. Kaep ran a pistol offense in college and didn't have a sophisticated passing game. He had a strong arm but his accuracy was terrible.

Lots of the same issues Kap had. With true commitment to football he can correct these issues unlike Kap.

It's not a lot. Plus, he plays in a passing offense. Kap was basically a pistol offense at NV. While I do agree he needs to work on his accuracy a bit, but he's still young. He's already better as a passer than Kap ever was.

I'm just commenting on his skill set being similar to Kap. I agree he's a better passer than Kap but that issue of happy feet anytime he detects a blitz is troubling that a NFL coordinator will exploit
[ Edited by Hysterikal on Aug 14, 2020 at 1:44 PM ]
Why didn't they have a supplemental draft this year ? I would've thought a lot of hood players would've entered due to the virus and uncertainty. Just saying...
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheGore49er:
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Originally posted by JMC52:
Good for 2 years till the nfl catches up with him?

He's a much better passer than Kaep ever was. Kaep ran a pistol offense in college and didn't have a sophisticated passing game. He had a strong arm but his accuracy was terrible.

Lots of the same issues Kap had. With true commitment to football he can correct these issues unlike Kap.

It's not a lot. Plus, he plays in a passing offense. Kap was basically a pistol offense at NV. While I do agree he needs to work on his accuracy a bit, but he's still young. He's already better as a passer than Kap ever was.

... and I assure everyone here, unlike KAEP, this kid will never wear another team's hat during the off season..

KAEP walked around w/that Dolphin hat like the NFL was not taking any NOTES !!

PUNK can't even complete a SLANT PASS.
I think its a very real possibility there will be no college football this year.

If it happens in Spring, all draft players will sit out and enter draft.

So we will be picking players with 1 less year of film. Going to be insane lol. Drafting guys in the 3rd round who were just backups and started part time.
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
I think its a very real possibility there will be no college football this year.

So we will be picking players with 1 less year of film. Going to be insane lol. Drafting guys in the 3rd round who were just backups and started part time.

This coming draft it seems like the goal should be to have as many picks as possible that's for sure. Some picks will literally be shots in the dark.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:

This coming draft it seems like the goal should be to have as many picks as possible that's for sure. Some picks will literally be shots in the dark.

that's why I'm hoping that the league would make this a 10 round draft..
I think Trevor is Kaepernick on a better college team.

Awesome as he is, he's not the gazelle Kaepernick was, and never will be. Plenty mobile tho.
Originally posted by jersey49er:
Why didn't they have a supplemental draft this year ? I would've thought a lot of hood players would've entered due to the virus and uncertainty. Just saying...

Probably because they knew the 2021 draft is going to be topsy turvy anyway. Might as well have some known, trustable talent in it if there's no legit college season.

This coming draft it seems like the goal should be to have as many picks as possible that's for sure. Some picks will literally be shots in the dark.*

*IF you're a team that drafts late really well. If you're not, it's just the opposite,...get rid of as many picks as possible for their charted value because of the inherent risk.

Keep in mind the amount of spillover there could possibly be with UFAs. Do you really want all those picks?
[ Edited by random49er on Aug 23, 2020 at 3:29 PM ]
Originally posted by jersey49er:
Could you imagine if the niners won it, what a predicament Shanahan would face, say bye bye to Jimmy and take Trevor Lawrence or go Jamarr Chase or the OT from Oregon.

Would trade back
Share 49ersWebzone