LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 157 users in the forums

THE TREVOR LOTTERY

lets hope lynch has huge balls and makes a massive trade for Lawrence
2 1sts
and trade away armstead give them that plus another 2 2nds if we need to whatever it takes our team is loaded and need a qb and some ol help to make this league our b***h next season
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Hardcoreniner559:
lets hope lynch has huge balls and makes a massive trade for Lawrence
2 1sts
and trade away armstead give them that plus another 2 2nds if we need to whatever it takes our team is loaded and need a qb and some ol help to make this league our b***h next season

Lynch would NEVER give up two or even one 1st round pick. Lynch and Shanahan are too conservative when it comes to the draft. IMO. I'd be willing to include Jimmy G. in that trade as well. I think I'd give up pretty much anyone on the roster for Jimmy G. besides Nick Bosa of course.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Lynch would NEVER give up two or even one 1st round pick. Lynch and Shanahan are too conservative when it comes to the draft. IMO. I'd be willing to include Jimmy G. in that trade as well. I think I'd give up pretty much anyone on the roster for Jimmy G. besides Nick Bosa of course.

yea never bosa hes way way to valuable
what pick do you think we will end up with ? 7 or 8 maybe ? if we end up with a top 10 pick there has to be a way these guys start thinking about moving up ....lawrence reminds me of andrew luck as far as what seemed to be a sure fire rockstar qb
[ Edited by Hardcoreniner559 on Nov 8, 2020 at 10:47 AM ]
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

what pick do you think we will end up with ? 7 or 8 maybe ? if we end up with a top 10 pick there has to be a way these guys start thinking about moving up ....lawrence reminds me of andrew luck as far as what seemed to be a sure fire rockstar qb

I'm predicting the 9ers will end up with the 11th pick. I think they get two or three more wins, definitely one against the Cowboys.

I'm predicting the 9ers will end up with the 11th pick. I think they get two or three more wins, definitely one against the Cowboys.

That's around where I have us too.

Usually there's a few teams in that 6-10 area and our SOS will put us near the bottom of that pile.
Don't want. lol
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Don't want. lol

That makes one of you.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by JaggedJ:

That's around where I have us too.

Usually there's a few teams in that 6-10 area and our SOS will put us near the bottom of that pile.

If the 9ers are serious about moving on from Jimmy G, this would be the time to do it, especially if they pick in the top 10. And if they do pick in the top 10, offer Jimmy G. in a trade up for Lawrence. I'm a Jimmy G fan, but I think Trevor Lawrence is gonna be special.
If the 9ers are serious about moving on from Jimmy G, this would be the time to do it, especially if they pick in the top 10. And if they do pick in the top 10, offer Jimmy G. in a trade up for Lawrence. I'm a Jimmy G fan, but I think Trevor Lawrence is gonna be special.

Nobody is giving that pick up. People need to get it out of their heads. Mike Holmgren offered the Colts two entire drafts to be able to pick Andrew Luck and they told him to go f**k himself. The Jets have the inside track to get #1 and they are going to draft Lawrence no matter what anyone else offers them.

Reverse your logic. If the 49ers had zero wins right now and looked like the favorite to be able to pick Lawrence, would you even for a second consider trading that pick away for Garoppolo and Pick #10 or #11? You absolutely would not.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Nobody is giving that pick up. People need to get it out of their heads. Mike Holmgren offered the Colts two entire drafts to be able to pick Andrew Luck and they told him to go f**k himself. The Jets have the inside track to get #1 and they are going to draft Lawrence no matter what anyone else offers them.

I mean if 9ers are unable to trade up, then Zach Wilson it is. Having to choose between Lawrence and Wilson isn't hard at all, that's what I love about this upcoming draft.

I mean if 9ers are unable to trade up, then Zach Wilson it is. Having to choose between Lawrence and Wilson isn't hard at all, that's what I love about this upcoming draft.

You're assuming that Wilson will be an option as well. Say the Jets, Jacksonville and WFC all go 1-2-3 in the draft. All three need QBs. Boom, you got Lawrence, Fields and Wilson off the board and we're just barely at Pick #4.

I'm not looking hard at Mac Jones because I want to push people's buttons....well, a little bit , but its entirely possible that the 49ers will be sitting at #11 or #12 and they aren't able to get a trade down for any of the top four QBs so who is left? They'll have to determine if Mac Jones can be Matt Ryan in the NFL or is his ceiling as a high level game manager?
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

Reverse your logic. If the 49ers had zero wins right now and looked like the favorite to be able to pick Lawrence, would you even for a second consider trading that pick away for Garoppolo and Pick #10 or #11? You absolutely would not.

But if you're a rebuilding team (which NYJ, Jags and Wash), I would absolutely take that trade. If Lawrence, Fields, Lance and Wilson all enter the draft you can't go wrong at #10 or #11. You get your veteran QB in Jimmy G and your future starter waiting in the wings.
Yeah it's going to be tough to get our guy, but a lot of movement still to happen before we know who is drafting where.

I'm looking more at where the gaps in the top 10 "might be".

Miami has Houston's pick and no real need to give up on Tua yet. Giants, who knows what they think, but if they stay higher than WFT there might be a chance.

Yeah.....dunno. Still so much more to unfold.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

You're assuming that Wilson will be an option as well. Say the Jets, Jacksonville and WFC all go 1-2-3 in the draft. All three need QBs. Boom, you got Lawrence, Fields and Wilson off the board and we're just barely at Pick #4.

I'm not looking hard at Mac Jones because I want to push people's buttons....well, a little bit , but its entirely possible that the 49ers will be sitting at #11 or #12 and they aren't able to get a trade down for any of the top four QBs so who is left? They'll have to determine if Mac Jones can be Matt Ryan in the NFL or is his ceiling as a high level game manager?

From what I can remember there has never been more than three QB's to go in the top 10. We're also assuming Wilson will be a top 10 pick, the off season will pick all these QB's apart and it will make or break their statuses.

I mean, I'd be all for keeping Jimmy G. as the starter and draft a QB in the 2nd round. But if they're thinking about drafting a QB it's time to get it right this time and take the best QB available or trade up.
Originally posted by JaggedJ:
Yeah it's going to be tough to get our guy, but a lot of movement still to happen before we know who is drafting where.

I'm looking more at where the gaps in the top 10 "might be".

Miami has Houston's pick and no real need to give up on Tua yet. Giants, who knows what they think, but if they stay higher than WFT there might be a chance.

Yeah.....dunno. Still so much more to unfold.

Rooting for Houston and the Giants to lose out and Jacksonville, New England and WFC to win as many games as possible. The Jets are a lost cause, not sure if they'll win a game all year.
Share 49ersWebzone