LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 215 users in the forums

2021 WR Prospects - Way Too Early

Even with the addition of Aiyuk I still think they need an Alpha WR. I think next years class more than lasts will have more potential of Alpha WRs.
I doubt we are drafting a WR next year we have to let our guys develop and see what we have. We have a lot of top 100 picks at WR now its about developing them and giving them playing time.
Originally posted by shawk_ra:
Even with the addition of Aiyuk I still think they need an Alpha WR. I think next years class more than lasts will have more potential of Alpha WRs.

Nah
Originally posted by Waterbear:

Nah

All depends on the performance of Aiyuk, Hurd and Bourne.
Originally posted by ritz126:
I doubt we are drafting a WR next year we have to let our guys develop and see what we have. We have a lot of top 100 picks at WR now its about developing them and giving them playing time.

We're not getting an alpha picking at 32. Still think they may take a wr in the mid rounds, just really depends on the current ones we have
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Originally posted by ritz126:

We're not getting an alpha picking at 32. Still think they may take a wr in the mid rounds, just really depends on the current ones we have

I hear you... it will be difficult to find that "Alpha" WR, but I can see the team make a move up if all goes right meaning - they see a player they really covet for the team and the system, what would be the cost to move up and isbthe value right, how the WR room does and who produces and who lasts through cuts, etc.

But at the end of the day if a player is there and thats your guy and/or missing piece to the offense then you make the move. We have a decent size window to compete deep into the playoffs and possibly superbowl appearences the next 5 years so I can see them going all in to win now, especially if they see a WR the would be game changing.

With that being said, Kittle needs to get paid out, Hurd/Taylor/James will need to produce and prove they are good to go, Bourne will be a FA after this year, and Aiyuk will need to show promise. With a WR draft class that looks to be or might be deeper and better then this past one, the timing couldnt be better...
Jaylen Waddle will be a top 15 pick barring injury next year. The guy has that extra gear that only Tyreek Hill has and is an absolute terror to bring down in open space. Seen him take so many short completions for huge gains based on his acceleration alone.
Originally posted by Dman11:
Jaylen Waddle will be a top 15 pick barring injury next year. The guy has that extra gear that only Tyreek Hill has and is an absolute terror to bring down in open space. Seen him take so many short completions for huge gains based on his acceleration alone.

Waddle or Ruggs?
Hopefully the receiver position will be a strength by then. I hope so because there will be other needs and we can't keep drafting receivers and ignoring the defensive backfield and the O line.
Why put yourselves through this again fellas? We arent going to draft any of the top guys, even if one inexplicably falls into our laps.

Useless thread IMO.

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Why put yourselves through this again fellas? We arent going to draft any of the top guys, even if one inexplicably falls into our laps.

Useless thread IMO.

But they just drafted one of the top guys.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Rathof44:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Rashod Bateman.

My initial favorite in another loaded WR class.

This guy is a stud
Waddle or Ruggs?

Waddle. If you liked Ruggs this year, you're gonna love Waddle. He's the ultimate gadget player that can be moved around through the whole formation and has game breaking acceleration and speed. I saw him play in a game his freshman year, I'm forgetting against who, but boy he jumped off the screen as the most dangerous wide receiver Alabama had on the field that day.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
But they just drafted one of the top guys.

Top is relative. We had the chance to draft what everyone considers top guy, and passed.
Originally posted by Dman11:
Waddle or Ruggs?

Waddle. If you liked Ruggs this year, you're gonna love Waddle. He's the ultimate gadget player that can be moved around through the whole formation and has game breaking acceleration and speed. I saw him play in a game his freshman year, I'm forgetting against who, but boy he jumped off the screen as the most dangerous wide receiver Alabama had on the field that day.
Yeah, Waddle is a lot of fun to watch. The guy had a legendary Iron Bowl this year. Alabama lost that game, but it would've went down in school history as a folk hero if they had pulled it off.

KR return for a TD: https://twitter.com/CBSSports/status/1200896827790245888

60 yard rec TD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MvdCSZyous#t=1m8s

15 yard rec TD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MvdCSZyous#t=1m50s

30 yard TD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MvdCSZyous#t=2m25s

Anyway, he was probably the best player on the field that day.

It's crazy to think about how much talent Tua had at WR. Ruggs... Jeudy... Waddle. Devonta Smith had a great year too (1256 yards, 14 TD, 18.5 Y/R). In 5 years we could look back on that as one of the most talented WR corps in CFB history. All of these guys could be productive players at the pro level imo.

I don't think we'll ever see a better WR corp better than 2000 Miami (Reggie Wayne, Andre Johnson, Santana Moss -- all finished with over 10,000 career receiving yards in the NFL), but the Bama guys are insanely talented.
Share 49ersWebzone