There are 213 users in the forums

2021 WR Prospects - Way Too Early

I like the look of Seth Williams - as great as Deebo and Aiyuk fit in this offence, I still just think there's something to be said for that Julio/TO sized freak who is just physically better than any DB.

Doubt we go WR again in the 1st/2nd round though after all the early picks we've used on the position lately.
Originally posted by Digger:
I like the look of Seth Williams - as great as Deebo and Aiyuk fit in this offence, I still just think there's something to be said for that Julio/TO sized freak who is just physically better than any DB.

Doubt we go WR again in the 1st/2nd round though after all the early picks we've used on the position lately.

Well I never thought we would go DT again until Defo got traded so you never know what happens a year from now.
The first names straight off of Key & Peele lol

No one mention this kid ? He's a monster !
Originally posted by shawk_ra:
I agree, after looking at some video of some of the prospects for next year, I think 2021 will definitely be equal or better to this pass year.

So far, after quick review of highlights, some player comps are:

Chase - Reminds me of Hopkins/TO with a little more speed.

Seth Williams - Reminds me of Andre Johnson/Julio, measurables are there but we will see.

Waddle - Reminds me of Ruggs/T. Hill

Ross - Reminds me of AJ Green

What player comps do you guys have for other WRs?

Probably will change when I look at more highlights....

Waddle reminds me of TY Hilton. I don't see your comparison for chase at all, but that's the beauty of player comps. I don't have a good one. Maybe a mix between JuJu and Stefon Diggs, but he's got some good speed.

Another interesting WR I like is Ihmir Smith-Marsette and he comes from Iowa so you know our coaches are interested
[ Edited by adrianlesnar on Apr 28, 2020 at 3:28 PM ]
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Well I never thought we would go DT again until Defo got traded so you never know what happens a year from now.

Great point. And I don't think anyone in Detroit was mad about picking Calvin Johnson soon after Charles Rogers, Roy Williams, and Mike Williams. (Not saying Seth is on CJ's level but I wouldn't complain if we drafted someone who was!)
Originally posted by adrianlesnar:
I think 2021 class is stronger than this year's. I am hoping we are not in any way, shape, or form needing of a WR, but Amon-ra St. Brown gets my vote for best receiver at a spot in which we would be able to take him, since we won't be picking in the top half of any round (hopefully).

I agree, after looking at some video of some of the prospects for next year, I think 2021 will definitely be equal or better to this pass year.

Chase - Reminds me of Hopkins with a little more speed.

Seth Williams - Reminds me of Andre Johnson, measurables are there but we will see.

Originally posted by adrianlesnar:

Chase - Reminds me of Hopkins/TO with a little more speed.

Seth Williams - Reminds me of Andre Johnson/Julio, measurables are there but we will see.

Waddle reminds me of TY Hilton. I don't see your comparison for chase at all, but that's the beauty of player comps. I don't have a good one. Maybe a mix between JuJu and Stefon Diggs, but he's got some good speed.

Another interesting WR I like is Ihmir Smith-Marsette and he comes from Iowa so you know our coaches are interested

My bad, that TO part was supposed to be deleted in the original post. Chase for me was very hard to find a player comp for... The closest one I could thi k of was Hopkins. I can see the Juju/Diggs comp tho.
I think if Davonte smith declared I think he would've been Kyles favorite out of the 3 bama receivers.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
I think if Davonte smith declared I think he would've been Kyles favorite out of the 3 bama receivers.

I don't think he would've been a 1st round pick, the kid is rail thin.

Great point. And I don't think anyone in Detroit was mad about picking Calvin Johnson soon after Charles Rogers, Roy Williams, and Mike Williams. (Not saying Seth is on CJ's level but I wouldn't complain if we drafted someone who was!)

I'd be surprised if they dont go CB next year.

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Butter:

I've been saying this since Eric Reid left, this defense NEEDS a game changing Safety!!! I hope they get one of the top three Safeties next season whether it be FS or SS.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by Butter:

I've been saying this since Eric Reid left, this defense NEEDS a game changing Safety!!! I hope they get one of the top three Safeties next season whether it be FS or SS.

If we're looking at safety, we should be paying attention to Paris Ford the up coming season.
Ihmir Smith-Marsette

2018 kickoff returns

Ihmir Smith Marsette Iowa
6'1 185 lbs WR

Junior stats
44 receptions
722 yards
5 TDs

11 rushs
108 yards
3 TDs

2 Kickoff return TDs

Holds the Big Ten record for KO return avg at 29.9 yards/att

Early projections are a 3rd Rounder. Get on board now. I think he's gonna blow up. Iowa never has been a flashy program. I don't think Iowa completely knows how to use him.

SPEED. Good Hands. Best football is ahead of him. In an offense that highlights WR play, he'd be a 1200 yard receiver.

His last game had a KO TD, a Rushing RD, and a Receiving TD in the 1st Half versus USC. Nearly had a passing TD as well
Originally posted by herkyhawkeye:
Ihmir Smith-Marsette

2018 kickoff returns

Ihmir Smith Marsette Iowa
6'1 185 lbs WR

Junior stats
44 receptions
722 yards
5 TDs

11 rushs
108 yards
3 TDs

2 Kickoff return TDs

Holds the Big Ten record for KO return avg at 29.9 yards/att

Early projections are a 3rd Rounder. Get on board now. I think he's gonna blow up. Iowa never has been a flashy program. I don't think Iowa completely knows how to use him.

SPEED. Good Hands. Best football is ahead of him. In an offense that highlights WR play, he'd be a 1200 yard receiver.

His last game had a KO TD, a Rushing RD, and a Receiving TD in the 1st Half versus USC. Nearly had a passing TD as well

Just mentioned him a few posts up. It's a rediculously deep class coming up, but my two "my guys" are him and Amon-ra. Ihmir can take over return duties keeping Aiyuk fresh, and can add some serious speed to the combo of Aiyuk and Deebo
Originally posted by jersey49er:

No one mention this kid ? He's a monster !

I like what I have seen of Jackson. Reminds me of Mike Evans a bit.
[ Edited by shawk_ra on May 6, 2020 at 8:58 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone