LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 255 users in the forums

Kristian Fulton

Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Disagree. No reason to reach for a player. Moseley isn't bad I don't understand why people think CB is our #1 need. I want to get in a player to try and develop but let's not panic like our pass D wasn't one of the best in the NFL last year.

I would like them to snag a CB, not at 13 though. All our starters are FA in a yr
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Disagree. No reason to reach for a player. Moseley isn't bad I don't understand why people think CB is our #1 need. I want to get in a player to try and develop but let's not panic like our pass D wasn't one of the best in the NFL last year.

That's the thing. Using your logic IOL has to br top priority. Both our OTs played well. Kendrick Bourne played as well at WR as Moseley did at CB.

DJ Jones and Julian Taylor also played well at DT.

Literally the only group thst didn't was IOL.

Given the status of the secondary going forward... I'd say it's a bigger need then you may want to admit. Sherm is going to want pretty good money. If you want to keep Eman you're looking at pretty good money.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Most of the so called experts have Fulton going anywhere between 19-29. 13 seems early for him and may be why he isn't getting any love as a potential pick for us.

I could see him being our guy if we traded back from 13 though.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by evil:
Most of the so called experts have Fulton going anywhere between 19-29. 13 seems early for him and may be why he isn't getting any love as a potential pick for us.

What i have been seeing is going no later than jax at 20. I also seen or at least think i saw where not all teams are high on Henderson (for obvious reasons) i honestly think he'll be a top 20 pick.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by krizay:

What i have been seeing is going no later than jax at 20. I also seen or at least think i saw where not all teams are high on Henderson (for obvious reasons) i honestly think he'll be a top 20 pick.

Won't surprise me, and I think the very earliest he comes off is 16-17. Dallas and Atlanta may very well prefer him to CJH. That softness from CJH is going to be a a big turnoff to some teams.

I like KF and wouldn't be mad at all but would far prefer him off of a trade back from 13. No way he should still be sitting there at 31 though.
  • fip24
  • Veteran
I like Fulton- thought he was far better than Greedy Williams during the 2018 season.
I don't hate Fulton, but to me he's definitely a drop off from Henderson and lost in a cluster with a bunch of other CBs. I would be okay with him in the 30 - 45 range. However, there are others in that range that I prefer.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Won't surprise me, and I think the very earliest he comes off is 16-17. Dallas and Atlanta may very well prefer him to CJH. That softness from CJH is going to be a a big turnoff to some teams.

I like KF and wouldn't be mad at all but would far prefer him off of a trade back from 13. No way he should still be sitting there at 31 though.

I too would prefer him off a small trade back. But I'd say that about whomever we choose so...
I really like his ability to play close, not a bump and run CB really, but he can play short yardage really well.

Trade off..... he is not going to give a ton of run support, and can make any WR look like the worlds best run blocking WR. I know Auburn ran over him like he was a punter at least twice in 2018. Of course we have no idea what his coaches were asking him to do, but it looks like he will never get thrown off by play-action.

I don't think he goes top of the first round, but who knows. To me he is a SR CB, that shined late in his college career. I know he got better his SR season, but so did LSU's pass rush. The star of that defense was pressure in the middle, not really its coverage. Add that to his character concerns...i don't know.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Dshearn:
I really like his ability to play close, not a bump and run CB really, but he can play short yardage really well.

Trade off..... he is not going to give a ton of run support, and can make any WR look like the worlds best run blocking WR. I know Auburn ran over him like he was a punter at least twice in 2018. Of course we have no idea what his coaches were asking him to do, but it looks like he will never get thrown off by play-action.

I don't think he goes top of the first round, but who knows. To me he is a SR CB, that shined late in his college career. I know he got better his SR season, but so did LSU's pass rush. The star of that defense was pressure in the middle, not really its coverage. Add that to his character concerns...i don't know.

He actually graded better last year. Not that i paid attention to hin then.

But he was suspended in 17. So 18/19 all he ready had. And apparently was playong on bum ankle for majority of this year.

Just watched tbe NCG a frmew hours ago and Tee Higgins straight trucked him. He's not afraid to get his hands dirty. He's no Deion but he surely ain't no Sherm either

Originally posted by krizay:
He actually graded better last year. Not that i paid attention to hin then.

But he was suspended in 17. So 18/19 all he ready had. And apparently was playong on bum ankle for majority of this year.

Just watched tbe NCG a frmew hours ago and Tee Higgins straight trucked him. He's not afraid to get his hands dirty. He's no Deion but he surely ain't no Sherm either

I dont watch a lot of LSU, The game again Auburn was not a good game for him. I would not define anyone by a single game, especially if he was hurt.

He does look like Dion Sanders with his Run Support, but we have no idea what the coach was asking of him. If he had a lingering issue the entire plan could have been get though the season. They didn't need him swarming to be the 3rd guy on the tackle, they did him to shut a WR down.

With out knowing what was asked of him, its hard condemnation him. Wasn't it the Bama game when he got the 3rd down stop for a loss? I don't recall....but he has had containment on the outside before...so who knows.

The suspension is something else entirely, everyone can make a mistake...but it was a big mistake.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
So him getting suspended for trying to circumvent a drug test is no big deal?
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by FL9er:
So him getting suspended for trying to circumvent a drug test is no big deal?

He thought they were testing for marijuana.

Marijuana is no longer a big deal.

And it was 3 years ago. Never actually failed a test.
[ Edited by krizay on Apr 7, 2020 at 4:53 AM ]
check out the start of yesterday's STF podcast if you get a chance. They mention how Fulton is CB3 on a lot of teams' boards.
Originally posted by OsBoogie:
check out the start of yesterday's STF podcast if you get a chance. They mention how Fulton is CB3 on a lot of teams' boards.

i saw how Matt Miller has him as a 2nd rd prospect. Not sure I agree with that.
Share 49ersWebzone