There are 188 users in the forums

Kristian Fulton

• krizay
  • Veteran
I seem to be the lone supporter of this guy but that's ok. He to me is the guy we should be targeting in this draft. Aside from CB being one of our top needs this year, we essentially have no one under contract next year.

There has been talks of the 3 top WRs and a million reasons why we should draft one of them. The WRs are great, no doubt! Over the course of his career Fulton faced JJ/Ruggs/Higgins and while matched up on those 3 (was pretty much on Ruggs most of the game last year) he saw 11 targets. He gave up 3 catches for 39 yards, 0 TD's versus these 3 WRs. With 2 of these WRs being labeled transcendent.

In 2018 LSU played mainly cover 3. 2019 they switched up to mainly press man and cover 4. Which all 3 are pretty much what we run. He excelled in all coverages. He's not just a man corner. In fact, he received the best overall coverage grade amongst all outsideCB's over the past 2 years.

Only QB in the nation to not allow more 1st downs than forced incompletions.. His 30% forced incompletion % was 4% higher than any other outside corner in the country. Only allowed 43% completion percentage. While also forcing 35% of his targets to be contested targets.

I don't need PFF to tell me that Fulton is the real deal. His tape shows you that. Especially Alabama's this year. I don't care where the "experts" or websites have him going either. Giving the situation of out team this year and going forward, Fulton NEEDS to be our guy. Trading back and picking up extra picks then drafting this guy is my wish!

his starts at 11:00 mark

[ Edited by krizay on Apr 4, 2020 at 2:19 PM ]
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
If not Henderson (Okudah will be long gone), I'd rather Diggs from Alabama or Terrell.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by FL9er:
If not Henderson (Okudah will be long gone), I'd rather Diggs from Alabama or Terrell.

Why is that? What puts the non okudahs above Fulton in your personal preference?
Fulton > diggs
Fine with Fulton at 31 if no trade

For me:
Okudah
Henderson
Fulton
Johnson
Gladney
Terrell
That was a good sales pitch. Count me very intrigued
  • krizay
  • Veteran

Fulton vs Bama (Jeudy/Ruggs)

CJ Henderson vs LSU(J'Mar Chase

Diggs vs LSU(J'Mar Chase)
Fulton is my #2 CB, I'd have no issues with the pick, though I want one of the WR's, preferably Juedy.

It would also be tough to pass on one of the elite tackles if they fell.

I'm surprised at the lack of love for Fulton
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erBigMac:
Fulton is my #2 CB, I'd have no issues with the pick, though I want one of the WR's, preferably Juedy.

It would also be tough to pass on one of the elite tackles if they fell.

I'm surprised at the lack of love for Fulton

Me too sir
Originally posted by adrianlesnar:
Fulton > diggs

I would hope so. Since Diggs has only been playing CB for 2 years. Kinda like Sherman

Not bad for pick at 31 or after a trade back
Originally posted by tohara3:
Not bad for pick at 31 or after a trade back

I'm almost certain he'll be gone by 31, too many corner needy teams and he's too good.

I also have severe reservations about trading out of 13.

I think there are approximately 20 bonafide 1st round graded guys. You could trade yourself out of that and end up with several below tier players.

13 will have an absolute stud available, just have to pick the right one
I'd rather have Fulton in a trade down then Anderson at 13. Big fan of Fulton.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
Unless a high level prospect drops, the 49ers may have to take a CB at 13 if that's the direction they go because of ATL, DAL, and I wouldn't rule out DEN, or TB because of the division they play in, although looking unlikely.
Originally posted by FL9er:
Unless a high level prospect drops, the 49ers may have to take a CB at 13 if that's the direction they go because of ATL, DAL, and I wouldn't rule out DEN, or TB because of the division they play in, although looking unlikely.

Disagree. No reason to reach for a player. Moseley isn't bad I don't understand why people think CB is our #1 need. I want to get in a player to try and develop but let's not panic like our pass D wasn't one of the best in the NFL last year.
Share 49ersWebzone