There are 190 users in the forums

49ers Big Board 2020

Post your best guess of what the 49ers Big Board would look like for #13 pick . Not your own, but what you think the 49ers management are thinking. I'm basing my guess off this regimes past drafts and philosophies that have been shared.

Here's my guess(no QB's):

1. Chase Young
2. Derrick Brown
3. Javon Kinlaw
4. Jeff Okudah
5. Isaiah Simmons
6. Tristan Wirfs
7. Mekhi Becton
8. Jerry Jeudy
9. Andrew Thomas
10. K'Lavon Chaisson
11. CJ Henderson
12. Henry Ruggs III
13. Jonathan Taylor
14. Trade down

Summary:

With QB's in the mix, one of these guys will be there at 13. Trenches, defense, won't pass on one of the top 2 WR if they're top on the board at pick time. I threw in RB JT due to he's a great talent and we could trade/release Breida and/or Coleman. Trade down for better value and an extra 2nd or 3rd and 4th.

For fun:

If 1 QB goes, it's Ruggs
If 2 QB's go, it's CJ
If 3 QB's go, it's K'Lavon
If 4 QB's go, it's Thomas

It's fun thinking who might drop to us though. I hope 3 QB's go ahead of at least so someone really good drops.
So you think they have Brown and Becton that high?
Originally posted by NYniner85:
So you think they have Brown and Becton that high?

Yeah, not my value or your value. I think they have a philosophy of trenches first but a few can't pass up guys. There's always going to be a Ferrell going sooner than all the experts Big Boards. This is just for fun trying to guess what JL and KS board is looking like. Maybe they will release it to us after the draft so we can compare.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Another one of these threads
Hypothetically.... I don't think the Niners pass up on Burrow if he falls to 13 .

Maybe we we pass Tua.

Just saying their big board might include QBs.

Nice thread though .
Originally posted by 9ers4u:
Yeah, not my value or your value. I think they have a philosophy of trenches first but a few can't pass up guys. There's always going to be a Ferrell going sooner than all the experts Big Boards. This is just for fun trying to guess what JL and KS board is looking like. Maybe they will release it to us after the draft so we can compare.

I get it's their big board, do you think those guys are scheme fits for this team? They want one gapping DTs they want pass rushers. Brown a 330lb DT/NT. He's a better 2 gapping lineman and run stuffer. I would think they have Kinlaw over him.

I don't really see Becton as a great zone-blocking OT either. He's probably their 4 OT on their big board.

Just my two cents
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Apr 2, 2020 at 7:12 AM ]
Originally posted by krizay:

yeah I know but I want to see what people think the 49ers board will look like, not what their own looks like. Trying to get everyone to think outside their own wants and needs. Besides this time of year there can't be enough threads on the draft.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
I get it's their big board, do you think those guys are scheme fits for this team? They want one gapping DTs they want pass rushers. Brown a 330lb DT/NT. He's a better 2 gapping lineman and run stuffer. I would think they have Kinlaw over him.

I don't really see Becton as a great zone-blocking OT either. He's probably their 4 OT on their big board.

Just my two cents

That's why I would like to see your 49ers Big Board. I'm not as versed as some of you in the players abilities.
I'm so hungry for live sports of any kind that I'll be watching every minute of the draft this year.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
I'm so hungry for live sports of any kind that I'll be watching every minute of the draft this year.

I was watching marble olympics the other night.

Not proud of that

Originally posted by Hysterikal:

Not proud of that

Who one?The glassies or the steelies.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

Not proud of that

Who one?The glassies or the steelies.

I think it was the Hazers. Or Green Ducks. I don't remember I was pulling for the crazy cat eyes to win.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9ers4u:
Originally posted by krizay:

yeah I know but I want to see what people think the 49ers board will look like, not what their own looks like. Trying to get everyone to think outside their own wants and needs. Besides this time of year there can't be enough threads on the draft.

Yea great idea but you must be new to these parts. It's going to turn in to who wants who
History:
Last time the 49ers picked #13: RB Earl Cooper
Last time the 49ers picked #31: LB Reuben Foster
  • 91til
  • Veteran
I'll play:

Young
Simmons
Okudah
Andrew Thomas
Henry Ruggs
CeeDee Lamb
Jerry Jeudy
Javon Kinlaw
Derrick Brown
Tristan Wirfs
I'll just do ten so I'm not BSing anymore

Maybe I'm crazy but I think Kyle sees the ceiling with Ruggs—that's why I have him that high. His ceiling in our offense is sky high . And yeah I did just watch the Simms thing where he left Jeudy out of his top 5 WRs so maybe that's why I have Lamb above Jeudy. Still really like Jeudy. I just wonder about his ceiling; kind of same concern with Lamb though. WRs are so tough to evaluate especially the mindset / work ethic aspect which we have precious little to go off in those areas (coaches obviously have a huge advantage in this but it's still a guess as we've seen with Pettis...) Anyway. I really haven't watched the linemen prospects yet tbh lol . I really want one of those three WRs for us. Course I know we need OL and CB etc too, but we trade down once from 31 and there's two picks for OL and CB. Simple. Use the later picks on DL, TE, whatever
[ Edited by 91til on Apr 3, 2020 at 11:27 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone