There are 196 users in the forums

2020 draft rumors

• krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by OsBoogie:
I'd say the gap between Henderson and Fulton is sizable. I'm not even sold on Fulton as #3

advanced numbers FWIW

Fulton
gave up 48 catches on 111 targets 43%
74.9 passer rating
5/18 completions on deep balls
20 forced incompletions (1st in the nation)

Henderson
gave up 58 catches on 110 targets 52%
109 passer rating
4/9 completions on deep balls
only 8 forced incompletions

EDIT: i do not have PFF access but they also talk about him as #2 CB here. But I can't read what they are saying.

https://www.pff.com/news/draft-why-kristian-fulton-is-pffs-cb2-in-the-2020-nfl-draft
[ Edited by krizay on Mar 31, 2020 at 1:35 PM ]
Originally posted by krizay:
advanced numbers FWIW

Fulton
74.9 passer rating

Henderson
109 passer rating

numbers can be deceiving and different from sources... watch a few games of each. Watch CJ against Chase. They are not on the same level. Not close. I'd say Fulton is the 5 - 7 CB taken.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
numbers can be deceiving and different from sources... watch a few games of each. Watch CJ against Chase. They are not on the same level. Not close. I'd say Fulton is the 5 - 7 CB taken.

time will tell

You mean the guy Fulton practiced against everyday
advanced numbers FWIW

Fulton
74.9 passer rating

Henderson
109 passer rating

EDIT: i do not have PFF access but they also talk about him as #2 CB here. But I can't read what they are saying.

https://www.pff.com/news/draft-why-kristian-fulton-is-pffs-cb2-in-the-2020-nfl-draft

I like Fulton more than Anderson
Originally posted by NYniner85:
advanced numbers FWIW

Fulton
74.9 passer rating

Henderson
109 passer rating

I like Fulton more than Anderson

I like Diggs as a perfect scheme fit
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

point being? some sparring partners are just punching bags.
I like Diggs as a perfect scheme fit

I'd take Jaylon Johnson, Diggs, and possibly Terrell before Fulton. Hell, even Gladney is in consideration before Fulton for me.
[ Edited by OsBoogie on Mar 31, 2020 at 2:27 PM ]
  • krizay
  • Veteran
I'd take Jaylon Johnson, Diggs, and possibly Terrell before Fulton. Hell, even Gladney is in consideration before Fulton for me.

gladney my 4th with aj 5 for me

point being? some sparring partners are just punching bags.

Sure but Fulton faced Bama receivers they are plenty good. Henderson is good in man coverage I'll give you that. And his run D looks worst than Akello. His effort to get involved in the run game is marshmallow soft. And his tape vs Chase is impressive cause I thought a physical receiver like chase would take CJs lunch money. But playing off of Chase was a good call since it didn't let Jamar get physical at the line and set him up with his physicality.

With all that said CJs not a good fit in this D IMO

Henderson looked the part at the combine...he's the most fluid CB I've seen this year. Sherman would have a ball working with him, I'm sure. Changing positions, I hope the Niners don't draft Ruggs...yeah, he's fast, but he's the kind of WR that could also have problems staying healthy. By contrast, Jeudy seems put together much better than Ruggs, not to mention he's arguably the best route runner in this draft. Still hope they get a bigger WR...someone like Mims, Lamb, Higgins, et al. I won't be surprised if Lynch grabs either a top OT or DL at #13. If they have a shot at Andrew Thomas, Becton or even Wills they need to snatch him up. I know I'm bouncing around, but bear with me. Reportedly our team's been talking to Jordan Reed's agent...if the dude's actually healthy I say bring him on in. He could be a nice compliment to Kittle. This isn't a good draft for TE's.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by FL9er:
Take with a grain of salt, but I can see Hysterikal being livid reading this:

Henderson Could go Top 10
Updated March 31, 2020

By Charlie Campbell. Follow Charlie on Twitter @draftcampbell.

Every year in the NFL draft, there are some late-rising prospects who climb up draft boards and end up going higher than where they were projected for the majority of the draft process. One prospect who could be enjoying that climb this year is Florida cornerback C.J. Henderson. After a stellar performance at the NFL Scouting Combine, sources from five different teams say that Henderson could be a top-10 pick in the 2020 NFL Draft, and multiple team sources feel he could end up being a better cover corner than Ohio State's Jeff Okudah, the consensus top cornerback for the 2020 NFL Draft and a projected top-five pick.

"[Henderson] is the best pure cover corner in the draft," said one director of college scouting. And that comment was echoed by others. Here's a what another director of college scouting said:

"Yes, he could be a top-10 pick and better cover corner than Okudah. [Henderson] is a better mover than Okudah, who is overrated. Okudah hasn't gone and made many plays the last two years when you study it hard. He's a better tackler than C.J., but I'd take Henderson. Okudah's character is so clean that people feel so comfortable with him. C.J. isn't bad; he's just extremely quiet."

https://walterfootball.com/nflhotpress/article/Henderson-Could-go-Top-10

This is the same guy that reported the 49ers were torn between Quinnen and Nick last year.

Seemed a little "torn" in the zone last year, maybe that guy likes to get some of his info from here
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NYniner85:

You gotta like this kinda party
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
I ain't mad at this.....you?

https://www.49erswebzone.com/articles/135739-49ers-pick-henry-ruggs-terrell-latest-mcshay-draft/
Originally posted by LVJay:
I ain't mad at this.....you?

https://www.49erswebzone.com/articles/135739-49ers-pick-henry-ruggs-terrell-latest-mcshay-draft/

Ruggs hell yes
Terrell hell no
Share 49ersWebzone