LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 299 users in the forums

2020 draft rumors

Not sure if we have anything in regards to rumors/trades...just draft talk in general? If so please put this in that thread.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
Take with a grain of salt, but I can see Hysterikal being livid reading this:

Henderson Could go Top 10
Updated March 31, 2020

By Charlie Campbell. Follow Charlie on Twitter @draftcampbell.

Every year in the NFL draft, there are some late-rising prospects who climb up draft boards and end up going higher than where they were projected for the majority of the draft process. One prospect who could be enjoying that climb this year is Florida cornerback C.J. Henderson. After a stellar performance at the NFL Scouting Combine, sources from five different teams say that Henderson could be a top-10 pick in the 2020 NFL Draft, and multiple team sources feel he could end up being a better cover corner than Ohio State's Jeff Okudah, the consensus top cornerback for the 2020 NFL Draft and a projected top-five pick.

"[Henderson] is the best pure cover corner in the draft," said one director of college scouting. And that comment was echoed by others. Here's a what another director of college scouting said:

"Yes, he could be a top-10 pick and better cover corner than Okudah. [Henderson] is a better mover than Okudah, who is overrated. Okudah hasn't gone and made many plays the last two years when you study it hard. He's a better tackler than C.J., but I'd take Henderson. Okudah's character is so clean that people feel so comfortable with him. C.J. isn't bad; he's just extremely quiet."

https://walterfootball.com/nflhotpress/article/Henderson-Could-go-Top-10

This is the same guy that reported the 49ers were torn between Quinnen and Nick last year.
Originally posted by FL9er:

Updated March 31, 2020

Every year in the NFL draft, there are some late-rising prospects who climb up draft boards and end up going higher than where they were projected for the majority of the draft process. One prospect who could be enjoying that climb this year is Florida cornerback C.J. Henderson. After a stellar performance at the NFL Scouting Combine, sources from five different teams say that Henderson could be a top-10 pick in the 2020 NFL Draft, and multiple team sources feel he could end up being a better cover corner than Ohio State's Jeff Okudah, the consensus top cornerback for the 2020 NFL Draft and a projected top-five pick.

"[Henderson] is the best pure cover corner in the draft," said one director of college scouting. And that comment was echoed by others. Here's a what another director of college scouting said:

"Yes, he could be a top-10 pick and better cover corner than Okudah. [Henderson] is a better mover than Okudah, who is overrated. Okudah hasn't gone and made many plays the last two years when you study it hard. He's a better tackler than C.J., but I'd take Henderson. Okudah's character is so clean that people feel so comfortable with him. C.J. isn't bad; he's just extremely quiet."

This is the same guy that reported the 49ers were torn between Quinnen and Nick last year.

and Lynch confirmed they viewed Nick and QW as 1A and 1B.

Updated March 31, 2020

Okudah looks kind of stiff to me, so I could see why some teams might be lower on Okudah. Okudah is a monster in run support though. In what little I've seen, Henderson is pretty much the opposite. A lot more fluid, faster, and horrible in run support. He looks and plays much smaller on video than his listed size, which maybe is less of a concern for a CB, but not great either.

Youtube videos obviously don't let you see most of the downfield play, but if he's really a great cover guy then it would be a pick that makes a lot of sense. CB, WR, and OL are the 3 biggest needs though this roster needs talent everywhere except edge rush.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dhp318:
Okudah looks kind of stiff to me, so I could see why some teams might be lower on Okudah. Okudah is a monster in run support though. In what little I've seen, Henderson is pretty much the opposite. A lot more fluid, faster, and horrible in run support. He looks and plays much smaller on video than his listed size, which maybe is less of a concern for a CB, but not great either.

Youtube videos obviously don't let you see most of the downfield play, but if he's really a great cover guy then it would be a pick that makes a lot of sense. CB, WR, and OL are the 3 biggest needs though this roster needs talent everywhere except edge rush.

He is definitely a beast in man coverage. His play doesn't suit us but i can see why teams in top 10 would want him
I hope this is true. Henderson before 13. I think Love will go before 13 as well. Should give us alot of options at 13, including moving back.
Originally posted by krizay:
He is definitely a beast in man coverage. His play doesn't suit us but i can see why teams in top 10 would want him

If you're taking a CB early he's gotta be a beast in man coverage. I like Fulton a lot as well
Originally posted by NYniner85:
If you're taking a CB early he's gotta be a beast in man coverage. I like Fulton a lot as well

He looked damn good against Bama. Might like him more than Henderson, but Henderson has that extra speed.

• krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Agreed.
I've been saying there is a big gap from Henderson to the #3 guy and have read a lot of people who actually like Henderson as CB1. He had some hiccups early this season, but coming out of last season, I thought he was a top 10 pick for sure.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by OsBoogie:
I've been saying there is a big gap from Henderson to the #3 guy and have read a lot of people who actually like Henderson as CB1. He had some hiccups early this season, but coming out of last season, I thought he was a top 10 pick for sure.

Fulton aint too far behind Henderson. In fact for us, I'd rather Fulton. But after Fulton I agree that the gap to #4 is big
Originally posted by krizay:
Fulton aint too far behind Henderson. In fact for us, I'd rather Fulton. But after Fulton I agree that the gap to #4 is big

I'd say the gap between Henderson and Fulton is sizable. I'm not even sold on Fulton as #3

Updated March 31, 2020

Share 49ersWebzone