There are 258 users in the forums

49ers Draft Board @#13

Originally posted by Hardcoreniner559:
Usually theres a qb in every draft that gets super overhyped before the draft and goes top 15 lets hope this year there is as many as possible so we can get a steal of a player

His name is Justin Herbert
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by Hardcoreniner559:
Usually theres a qb in every draft that gets super overhyped before the draft and goes top 15 lets hope this year there is as many as possible so we can get a steal of a player

His name is Justin Herbert

The Jake Locker effect!
[ Edited by ChaunceyGardner on Mar 31, 2020 at 2:52 PM ]
I'm fine with any of these 5 at #13. In no particular order...

1) Jeudy
2) Ruggs
3) Lamb
4) Thomas
5) Becton

So basically either an elite #1 wr or a starting left tackle that has All Pro potential.

Would not trade down from 13 but would absolutely move from 31 to get more picks.
I think we have to look at this draft/roster and realize that the 49ers have a top 1-3 roster top to bottom in the NFL. The biggest roster needs identified aren't all dire that need to be solved this year in order to contend for #6.

I bucket the needs in two categories, ones we must add to now to ensure we stay dominate and ones we can wait a year for.

WR: Must add now. Outside of Deebo it's a bunch of ? The ceiling is terrific if Pettis returns to rookie form, Hurd is the beast we think he could be, Taylor returns to form, Bourne continues developing etc. Too many question marks and not enough answers, this is too good of a class to pass on a top wideout.

DT: Like WR, the team has some options in house at DT to replace Buckner, but nobody proven enough to step into his spot with absolute confidence. The DL cannot take a big step back after being the strength of a SB team.

OL: Brunskill can improve the play at RG for us and I think we have enough depth behind the starters with Skule and Garland to field a pretty good OL. This becomes a need next season for sure.

CB: Sherman is getting older, but he's absolutely sticking around this season as a starter. Between Moseley & Witherspoon, I don't see a rookie taking their spot this season. So why spend a top pick on one to sit the bench.

Make WR & DT the top priorities this season and address CB & OL next season when we have a full slate of draft picks and some cap space to work with.
Share 49ersWebzone