LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 285 users in the forums

Javon Kinlaw-DT-South Carolina

Originally posted by 49erminion:
Raekwon Davis in the later rounds

Wouldn't mind this in the 3rd, he lost a lot of hype, screwed up not entering last year.
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Wouldn't mind kinlaw at all, but lmfao at another dline for out first pick if it happens

People need to get over it. We drafted Bosa after 3 lineman in a row and it clearly was the right pick.

Now that AA has a new deal. Now would be the time to draft a rookie DT who fits the scheme better. Kinlaw would be fantastic.

No I wouldn't mind it at all, kinlaw is a goddamn beast and would hit in seamlessly for us. I just know the trolls will come out about another dline pick.
I think there's a good chance Kinlaw's there at #13...because the QB's and OT's will be flying off the board early with teams trading up to get some of them, so there should be opportunities to get a guy like JK. Why take him there? Easy...Buckner's departure has created a huge hole in the DL. The notion they'll try to replace him by committee's never going to work. Saleh's defense needs a big guy who can move...Jones can do it, but so far it's only been in relatively short bursts. Seems like a stretch to think he could be a starter at DT. Kinlaw has all the tools to become not just a solid DT, but a very good one. Coach Kocurek's just the guy to get the most out of him, too. The other option is to sign one of the FA's out there...and that would tend to be on the expensive side. That option would seem to be unlikely unless Paraag can work some more magic and garner some more cap space.
Take this guy !! we got enuff Edge,( and can resign in house depth or another FA if needed). But this guy and either WR Shenailt (sp.???) or Mims@31 would fix us Immediately!!
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Wouldn't mind kinlaw at all, but lmfao at another dline for out first pick if it happens

People need to get over it. We drafted Bosa after 3 lineman in a row and it clearly was the right pick.

Now that AA has a new deal. Now would be the time to draft a rookie DT who fits the scheme better. Kinlaw would be fantastic.

No I wouldn't mind it at all, kinlaw is a goddamn beast and would hit in seamlessly for us. I just know the trolls will come out about another dline pick.

THIS!!!!
Kinlaw would be incredible!

It will come down to who is still there.

I see the 3 WR gone before we pick, plus 3 QB's.

Wirfs will be gone

And that fantastic CB [sorry forget name]

Maybe we trade back a little??
Originally posted by toppdogg32:
Take this guy !! we got enuff Edge,( and can resign in house depth or another FA if needed). But this guy and either WR Shenailt (sp.???) or Mims@31 would fix us Immediately!!

I have no issues with taking a crack DT but since when have we got enough Edge?
Drafting our 100th DL in the first rd

Only way I'm down with that is in a trade down.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

You said it yourself the amount of resources allocated does not matter if the position group still stands to be upgraded and the DL is no exception
Originally posted by Orlando49erfan:
I agree with you OTC
This draft doesn't really have anyone that brings what Buckner did to our Defense
... as Buckner...and that size!!!

Re: Size ... Kinlaw out weighs Buckner by 20 pounds

Originally posted by adrianlesnar:
You said it yourself the amount of resources allocated does not matter if the position group still stands to be upgraded and the DL is no exception

There's a difference between throwing 2nd rd picks and trading for WRs vs dumping 1st rd pick after first rd pick AND investing top end cash there as well. I wouldn't say the resources allocated are equal.

It's a reason why they had to move Buck. You can't keep all those 1st rd picks and you'd think the pt in drafting them is to have them past their rookie contract.

They need help elsewhere, only way I'm on board is if they trade down and get him or they solve other issues before the draft (which they haven't).
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Mar 21, 2020 at 5:21 AM ]
Niners Dline is still the best in the league, so why would you use the #13 pick for that when you can use it to fill an actual need? WR,OT, and CB are much bigger needs for this team. Not the Dline that already has Bosa,Ford, and Armstead on it. Teams would be thrilled to have 2 all-pro calibre players on their Dline,let alone 3.
Originally posted by adrianlesnar:
Originally posted by NYniner85:

We lost DeForest Buckner and our Dline is STILL the strongest position group and arguably still the best in the league. People act as if this is the 2016 line and we just lost Buckner. Ford is here. Bosa is here. AA is here. Blair is here. Jones in here. There are other position groups on this team that are actually weak. The Kinlaw pick would keep our Dline, theoretically, at last year's level. But I'd rather add an elite offensive playmaker for KS to use. Particularly since we aren't bringing Sanders back.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Kinlaw is my choice if all three wideouts are gone.
Taking front 7 in the draft especially 1st round makes the dline affordable. We can afford Wrs, oline and CBs in FA
[ Edited by ChaunceyGardner on Mar 21, 2020 at 9:03 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone