LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 190 users in the forums

Henry Ruggs-WR-Bama

Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
shanahan

watching those highlights Ruggs is definitely Kyle's guy

He's probably think Ruggs = Tyreek Hill without the off field stuff. If we take him, I sure hope so!
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
shanahan

watching those highlights Ruggs is definitely Kyle's guy

He's probably think Ruggs = Tyreek Hill without the off field stuff. If we take him, I sure hope so!

and him watching film on KC for 2 weeks and then playing them for sure makes him want to add a game breaker with speed.
Ruggs would be awesome but I think it's more likely than not that he's gone at 13.
Originally posted by theduke85:
Ruggs would be awesome but I think it's more likely than not that he's gone at 13.

doubt it, I think Jeudy will be gone 1st. If Ruggs go first and Jeudy drops to us it'll be a god send
and him watching film on KC for 2 weeks and then playing them for sure makes him want to add a game breaker with speed.

He just wants the deep threat speed. That's why Goodwin was brought in. Why we have been in the rumors for Dorsett. Kyle wants those intermediate passing windows to be bigger by blowing the top off with a Ruggs.

I'll take any of the top 3 WRs. Imo and what I'm seeing in most mocks Ruggs in the 3rd one off the board in most mocks.

I'll take any of the top 3 WRs. Imo and what I'm seeing in most mocks Ruggs in the 3rd one off the board in most mocks.

That's where I'm at. I'd be happy with all 3. All of them would be monsters in Shannys system, Jeudy the route running savant is the best I seen in a long time if not ever, Lamb as a RAC king with size and Ruggs with the game breaking speed that we lack who's also a RAC beast
Originally posted by Nastastical:
Originally posted by Rathof44:
Originally posted by Nastastical:
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Originally posted by FeelLicks:
Do you guys prefer Ruggs, or trade down?

If Ruggs is there I take him in a heartbeat, then trade down with the 31st

I'm in the camp of Jeudy/Ruggs or trade down as far as possible to stockpile picks. Both players are too perfect for this scheme to pass them up when we now have a legit chance to actually select one.

CeeDee Lamb is in this conversation.

I like Lamb, just not as much as Jeudy/Ruggs/trade down.

Agreed, Lamb is third in that conversation.

Any of the top three wide receivers is our pic at 13. Maybe a corner but our defense is a lot better than our passing game
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Wouldn't surprise me one bit if he goes in too 8. He's not just a speedster. He runs good routes, has great hands, and he's just as quick as he's fast. That combo makes him very difficult to stop.

If he is there at 13 - Lynch will have to strongly consider him. Him, Deebo, Kittle with our running game will be devastating together.

Originally posted by toppdogg32:
Damn!!! another short undersized WR !!!!????, I say we trade down and get more pics and get Shenailt or Mims to boot. We got Deebo (lucked out, the exception), Taylor, Goodwin and James. Its a tired narrative! I think we need a Sammy Watkins, Julio Jones, Hopkins, Metcalf, etc., someone with SIZE+SPEED (like we had with T.O.), We haven't had a T.O,,,,,, since DAMN,, T.O.!!!

A Tyreek Hill clone with great character could fall into your lap and I'm guessing you'd pass.
We met with him at the combine too
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by toppdogg32:
Damn!!! another short undersized WR !!!!????, I say we trade down and get more pics and get Shenailt or Mims to boot. We got Deebo (lucked out, the exception), Taylor, Goodwin and James. Its a tired narrative! I think we need a Sammy Watkins, Julio Jones, Hopkins, Metcalf, etc., someone with SIZE+SPEED (like we had with T.O.), We haven't had a T.O,,,,,, since DAMN,, T.O.!!!

A Tyreek Hill clone with great character could fall into your lap and I'm guessing you'd pass.

My favorite part of that post was he tried to make a point that you need a big WR and led the group with Sammy Watkins...

That's definitely the guy you want to draft.
Originally posted by IGSXIII:
We met with him at the combine too

I didn't pay much attention to it at the time because they were so far out of range for him but now they are right there. Based on the guys they met and the rumored FA WRs they like, speed, crazy speed is something they are very much in the market for.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
OVERRATED
Share 49ersWebzone