There are 218 users in the forums

D'Andre Swift...

Originally posted by Sickaa:
Wilson could be that guy. He runs with alot of power.

I could see our RB group looking like this next season.

Mostert. Breida. Wilson. Coleman/Jet

I think Jet takes a drastic discount or is released, but we have no idea how he plays. Coleman to me is "meh". I think he's miscast in the role they are fitting him into. Hes a great fit for the O, but he seems to be the "we are going to grind it out right here" guy. He's not that guy. Plus, if they are shaving salary, he is a candidate.

I think Brieda may be out. Just a gut feeling. Kyle doesn't trust him with the ball and he gets hurt.

I like WIlson, but I don't see him as part of regular rotation.

Of the guys here, I think only Mosterts position is secure.
[ Edited by Marvin49 on Feb 20, 2020 at 11:00 AM ]
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Its not really specifically a short yardage guy I mean.

I just mean not a thin, burner type. I love Mostert and he ain't goin' anywhere anytime soon, but he is like a track start playing RB. That isn't a criticism. I think we just need another club in the bag.

A guy like swift, who is 5'9", 215, 220. He's still got some speed, can catch out of the backfield and is dangerous in the open field that you KNOW Kyle can scheme him into.

Just imagine running end arounds to ex-RB Deebo, ex RB Hurd, and having a guy like Swift in the back field with Juice and Kittle at TE. Every one of them could take the handoff or catch the pass on any given play.

He's built similar to Gore. If he's near as good I'll take him.

I think Jet takes a drastic discount or is released, but we have no idea how he plays. Coleman to me is "meh". I think he's miscast in the role they are fitting him into. Hes a great fit for the O, but he seems to be the "we are going to grind it out right here" guy. He's not that guy. Plus, if they are shaving salary, he is a candidate.

I think Brieda may be out. Just a gut feeling. Kyle doesn't trust him with the ball and he gets hurt.

Good points. Kyle loves Jet and Coleman so it will be interesting to see what he does regarding those two specifically.

Breida is an odd one to figure out with what happened with him towards the end of the season. I still believe he's with the team next season because of his speed and ability to make defenders miss in the open field.

No doubt they'll bring in afew more RBS for competition too, most likely unsigned Draftees.

Good points. Kyle loves Jet and Coleman so it will be interesting to see what he does regarding those two specifically.

Breida is an odd one to figure out with what happened with him towards the end of the season. I still believe he's with the team next season because of his speed and ability to make defenders miss in the open field.

No doubt they'll bring in afew more RBS for competition too, most likely unsigned Draftees.

dont sleep on Kyle bringing in Devonta Freeman if he gets cut and is willing to take a good deal
Swift would be sick no doubt...zero chance kyle drafts a RB as early as Swift is projected to go.

Day 3 guy makes more sense.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Feb 20, 2020 at 4:09 PM ]
Swift has the best name for a RB ever lol.

He would be great in this offense but it's not happening.
Cool thread, but CEH is and has been RB1
I always have a crazy thought/dark horse pick in my mind every year. I wonder about this kid or another top RB at 31.

I have a feeling Reid has a boner for this kid at 30 though so that would sting.

What do you guys think?
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
I wonder about this kid or another top RB at 31.

What do you guys think?

0% chance
Originally posted by Heroism:
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
I wonder about this kid or another top RB at 31.

What do you guys think?

0% chance

I know lol. It's so tempting. Imagine WR at 13 and this kid or Thomas at 31. Electric speed baby!

We have to draft at 31 to keep him away from KC
Just for argument's sake, let's say the Niners trade out of both 1st rd picks. They could get some very good picks at #13 and there's seemingly always a team willing to trade back into the late 1st rd if there's a guy they love. Total outcome of pursuing that course would yield a 1st rounder and arguably a nice bundle of other picks to flesh out rds 2-5. In that scenario, they could afford to draft a workhorse RB. We don't know how McKinnon will do after 2 years without playing. Coleman's in the last year of his 2-yr contract. There could be room for more of any every down RB...one who can catch the ball well, but can also give defenses a different look, maybe a more powerful one. Interesting possibilities in this draft.
Share 49ersWebzone