LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 241 users in the forums

Top prospects in 2020

Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Give me a WR. Any WR who can catch the ball. Reliable hands are a must. A big WR is better than small. I'm sick of all these smurfs who can't catch. Big + great hands. So who is that guy?

If Shenault is healthy, I'd love for us to take him. I think it all depends on his medical evaluation

He looks pretty good. He's fast for a big guy. He's not a slow WR. Plus he goes up for the jump ball. Not at all bad. What is wrong with his medical situation?

He's missed games the last 2 years, and even in games he will sit out quarters/halves due to injuries
I have to watch more of him, he jumped off the screen the little I've seen him.

Is Larry Fitzgerald a comp for him? Kind of in playing style more than ceiling
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
I have to watch more of him, he jumped off the screen the little I've seen him.

Is Larry Fitzgerald a comp for him? Kind of in playing style more than ceiling

I'd say he's closer to Sammy Watkins/Percy Harvin/Cordarelle Patterson coming out. A good OC will get this guy touches in a variety of ways. He is an explosive athlete and great in space. Shanahan would love a player like him.
Originally posted by saniner:
I'd say he's closer to Sammy Watkins/Percy Harvin/Cordarelle Patterson coming out. A good OC will get this guy touches in a variety of ways. He is an explosive athlete and great in space. Shanahan would love a player like him.

I've seen Harvin as a comp all over the place...while not as electric I feel like we have a comparable player in Hurd, no
Originally posted by NYniner85:
I've seen Harvin as a comp all over the place...while not as electric I feel like we have a comparable player in Hurd, no

I always forget about Hurd. Shenault is definitely more explosive, but you're right that Hurd can offer some of the same. I'm with Phoenix in the speed demon camp. Hamler and Reagor (Ruggs if he falls). This is all under the assumption that Sanders is brought back.
I have watched exactly zero seconds of college football this year because the 49ers' season has been so good.

I need a list of edge rushers to watch ASAP. AA could walk and Ford isn't reliable. We need another EDGE, baby.
Originally posted by Heroism:
I have watched exactly zero seconds of college football this year because the 49ers' season has been so good.

I need a list of edge rushers to watch ASAP. AA could walk and Ford isn't reliable. We need another EDGE, baby.

Bradlee Anaea, Utah, 6'3 265lbs

I mostly watched PAC12 and he's the only good edge rusher in the conference that will be in the draft
[ Edited by SunDevilNiner79 on Dec 6, 2019 at 10:30 AM ]
Originally posted by Heroism:

Who I think could be available at the end of the 1st are Curtis Weaver out of Boise State, Both Bama kids Jennings and Lewis, kid out of LSU K' Lavon Chaisson, and the kid from Florida Jabari Zuniga.. I like Chaisson a lot.. another is Alton Robinson from Syracuse..
I was really high on Alton Robinson last year, I listed his name a lot. This year, not too hot. If the board falls such that ER with the first pick is the best value over some of our other needs, I'd be hoping that Chaisson is there.

With that said, tank for thibodeaux 2022
  • pdc20
  • Veteran
Curtis Weaver is a good prospect I think and he could be there at the end of the first round.
The kid from Penn State also is intriging.
Either way, I think they will trade down.
Quintez Cephus is going nuts against Ohio State

Tee Higgins pro ready
As it stands now, this would be my plan for the 1st round (omitting people who are near impossible to be available where we pick):

1a. If we lose Arik Armstead, I'm taking DL Javon Kinlaw from South Carolina. Can play anywhere from 1T to 5T, and is a plug and play replacement for AA from day 1. Don't expect him to match AA's year 5 production in year 1, but the ceiling is equally as high, with a floor higher than AA's coming out.

1b. If we retain AA (which is what I would prefer), I'd grab K'lavon Chaisson, ER out of LSU. Sort of a poor man's version of Josh Allen the prospect. Has the same pass rush and coverage tools, but less size (though room to grow) and less production. Dee Ford cannot be depended on to stay healthy if we keep his workload too heavy, and so he and Chaisson can rotate in nickel. They make each other better as Chaisson has elite speed and can learn from Ford, while keeping Ford rested and healthy.

2. If help on the DL isn't there, or at least not of good value, I'm taking Shaun Wade out of Ohio State. He plays slot, but he can likely be moved inside, outside, and even roaming like a safety. I liken him to Jimmie Ward, without the size (and consequent injury) concerns. There is concern that some of the production is benefit of Chase Young and the rest of the Ohio State pass rush, but he has shown enough to quell those concerns.

3. Trade back. Lot of people to like, and my biggest crushes are Devin Duvernay, WR Denzel Mims, WR, Netane Muti, OG, Cameron Dantzler, CB
[ Edited by adrianlesnar on Dec 9, 2019 at 11:42 AM ]
I know it's not possible but I really want Jk Dobbins.
Yetur Gross-Matos some of the other Penn St defenders look pretty good
Originally posted by BMoore56:
I know it's not possible but I really want Jk Dobbins.

I believe in McShays mock he has the niners taking him
Share 49ersWebzone