There are 212 users in the forums

Who is YOUR biggest draft bust?

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by TheXFactor:
Who was a bigger Niners bust: Balmer or AJ?

Damn you with these tough questions!!!
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Cade McNown
Nathan Peterman (though my argument for him and still is....IF HE WAS IN KYLE'S offense he'd be Nick Mullens)

Also thought Fitzgerald would be a bust cause he couldn't separate only catches jump balls. So N'Keal Harry will be on my list in 10 years
Taylor Mays was big for me. Size, speed and hitting ability in college had me going. Then my favorite 49er all time Ronnie Lott had me sold on him.
Taylor Mays - physical specimen but no subsance

Samm Watkins - I thought he was going to be a top 3 receiver. You can argue he still has time and injuries slowed him down but he should've been up there with julio, obj, and ab.
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Taylor Mays was big for me. Size, speed and hitting ability in college had me going. Then my favorite 49er all time Ronnie Lott had me sold on him.

I always wonder what might've been with Mays if he ended up in Seattle and had a chance to play that Kam Chancellor role. A lot of failed prospects just weren't giving a chance to be successful because of the teams that drafted them and found ways to screw them up.
Originally posted by Nastastical:

I always wonder what might've been with Mays if he ended up in Seattle and had a chance to play that Kam Chancellor role. A lot of failed prospects just weren't giving a chance to be successful because of the teams that drafted them and found ways to screw them up.

Yep so true
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by TheXFactor:
Who was a bigger Niners bust: Balmer or AJ?

Damn you with these tough questions!!!

The great Scott McCloughan's first nfl draft pick was Balmer lol
Charles Rogers, I was in awe of him even at my relatively young age, was sure he would dominate the NFL.
Curtis Enis.
Vernon Gholston (I didn't love him as a prospect as much as the other two but I did not expect that level of bust)
JaMarcus Russell went from top overall pick to NFL bust in a hurry

Well. Taylor's College Coach was a key decision maker in Seattle by that time and passed on him, so....

Originally posted by Karma:
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Tony Mandarich

JJ Stokes

Drunkenmiller

Jeff George

Jeff George... What a waste! I know he had some good numbers in the NFL, but his arm talent was ridiculous. He'd just flick that wrist and the ball would hum.

Totally agree.

One of the most talented QB's I ever saw.

What a BUM!
Originally posted by NJNiner:
JaMarcus Russell went from top overall pick to NFL bust in a hurry

Good call.

Another BUM!
Originally posted by socal9er42:

Well. Taylor's College Coach was a key decision maker in Seattle by that time and passed on him, so....

Carroll passed on him for Earl Thomas, who was the best single high safety in the draft and fit their defense perfectly. My point was that Mays would've probably been a stud in their scheme if he was selected by them outside the first round to play SS.
Kevin White for sure lol.
Dorial Green-Beckham. The one that got away lol.
Share 49ersWebzone