LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 402 users in the forums

Who is YOUR biggest draft bust?

• okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Heroism:
Kevin White for sure lol.

Oh yeah, I legit forgot about that guy. Same.
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Dorial Green-Beckham. The one that got away lol.

Still can't believe this kid is already out of the league.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Reggie Bush, I thought for sure he was a HOFer RB.
Jonathan Cooper
Kevin White
I selected mostly QB's here because that's usually how a good football team is defined.
1. Jim Drunkenmiller
2. Ryan Leaf
3. JaMarcus Russell
4. Vince Young
Bryan Bosworth: I know he's not a QB but I remember the big hype about how this linebacker would be a destructive force for the Seattle Seahawks defense,
Not only did he turn out a bust, but he couldn't even make it in the movies. OUCH!
[ Edited by Kauaiguy on Jan 17, 2019 at 11:19 AM ]
Unfortunately it looks like Solomon Thomas may join my list :(

Rashaun Woods - thought we killed the trade downs and go the most NFL ready WR in that class outside of Fitz

Aaron Curry - thought he'd be a better version of Julian Peterson

Robert Quinn - he hasn't been a bust per say but way more disappointing than i thought.

Kevin White - Can blame the injuries but dude has done NOTHING.

Christian Ponder - thought he was overdrafted but I thought he'd be a legit franchise QB
Originally posted by Nastastical:
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Dorial Green-Beckham. The one that got away lol.

Still can't believe this kid is already out of the league.

Ditto

I was really big on him during that draft.
Originally posted by Kauaiguy:
I selected mostly QB's here because that's usually how a good football team is defined.
1. Jim Drunkenmiller
2. Ryan Leaf
3. JaMarcus Russell
4. Vince Young
Bryan Bosworth: I know he's not a QB but I remember the big hype about how this linebacker would be a destructive force for the Seattle Seahawks defense,
Not only did he turn out a bust, but he couldn't even make it in the movies. OUCH!

We're talking about players that you were personally very high on early in the draft that busted in the NFL.
Coby Fleener.

RW McQuarters never lived up to the hype

• titan
  • Veteran
For players that we drafted they are not all total BUSTS, but these are the ones I was super excited about. I really thought they would be game changers and help win a SuperBowl or at least be an impact player. Some might have a chance, but it's not looking very good.

Rashaun Woods
Michael Crabtree
Taylor Mays
Eric Reid
Vernon Davis
Solomon Thomas
Andre Carter
David Baas
Kentwaan Balmer
Anthony Davis
CK
Aldon Smith
Reuben Foster
Matt Leinart (I was hoping back then he would come out early and the 49ers would draft him). I was so wrong
Mike Williams
Charles Rodgers
Justin Blackmon
Trent Richardson
Ki-Jana Carter
Todd Marinovich
[ Edited by pdfortune on Jan 17, 2019 at 1:33 PM ]
I remember being so excited when the 49ers moved up in the draft to select JJ Stokes. I thought he was going to be a superstar WR. Probably the biggest disappointment for me
I haven't been heavily into college for long, but my biggest bust is probably Jeff Holland, after the season ended I had him in the 2nd round, dropping to 4th after the combine and he went undrafted!

I still hope he lands on a team that actually need edge help and score one for the skill over H/W/S argument.
[ Edited by 49erBigMac on Jan 17, 2019 at 2:58 PM ]
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
We're talking about players that you were personally very high on early in the draft that busted in the NFL.

OOPs! LOL! Lemme see?
Taylor Mays
Ruben Foster
Aldon Smith
really a shame because Foster and Smith could really be something if they'd straighten out their acts.
SUH, but I guess he's finally growing up and doing better.
[ Edited by Kauaiguy on Jan 17, 2019 at 3:04 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone