LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 222 users in the forums

Chauncey Gardner-Johnson, Safety Florida

Originally posted by Hysterikal:
6'0 tall 210 lbs projected 40 in the 4.4-4.5 range. Solid tackler that takes good angles and does a nice job making a play on the ball in the air. Plays mostly in the box but I think he could play center field with his recognition and if that is his true 40 time. Projected to be a 2nd to 4th round pick.

I'm gonna be interested in his 40 time.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
I'm gonna be interested in his 40 time.

Me too! I'm guessing like 4.5 anything less than that he's gonna get lots of attention.
No chance he's there at 36 imo
Originally posted by illinois9er:

What makes you say that?
Originally posted by 49ers808:

What makes you say that?

Have heard a lot of "experts" saying he's the best S in the draft lately.

What makes you say that?

That's a correct assessment. But doesn't mean he's a 1st round player. In a weaker safety class he's the head of he class but has some traits I really like.
Finally took the time to see his game and I like it. Looks like he would already be the best tackler in our secondary. Not sure he falls to 36 though unless he has an average combine.

What makes you say that?

That's a correct assessment. But doesn't mean he's a 1st round player. In a weaker safety class he's the head of he class but has some traits I really like.

Agree that it's a weaker safety class. Have not heard even top 3 from a lot of experts. Most that I see belong to Abram, Adderley and Thompson in different orders. I do really like him too, but I don't think he's the head of the class and I say the complete opposite in that he's almost assured to be there at #36 unless he runs a 4.3 40 and kills the drills.
Not gonna lie... corner/safety hybrids is my biggest turnoff right now.
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Not gonna lie... corner/safety hybrids is my biggest turnoff right now.

You a centerfold now?

Said he met with the 49ers
17 bench press reps
I don't know much about him. This past season was probably the least I've ever watched college football because of my job and it really pisses me off!

How does he compare to Marcus Maye? I really liked him coming out. Jealous of the Jets safety duo.
4.49 unofficial good time for him
4.49 unofficial good time for him

You called that one almost on the money with a 4.5! 4.49 sounds so much better though lol
Share 49ersWebzone