LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 302 users in the forums

General 2019 NFL Draft Discussion

Originally posted by Nastastical:
Originally posted by Murphys1:
I would like Bosa in the first, then Winovich...our defense would look totally different, and suddenly, our corners are much more "talented."

If we improve our pass rush, I really don't think we need to spend resources on our secondary at all. Witherspoon is a young player, but he's shown the ability to be a solid starter in this league. Our trash rush and injuries to both him and our safeties have made him look bad at times. I see a lot of potential in all of our young corners.

We find a way to add Bosa/Allen/Williams and Winovich/Burns with our first two picks and our secondary will eat. We also add a guy like Clowney/Ford/Lawrence and even a weak secondary could look like world beaters behind that pass rush.

Wow. Bosa/Allen AND then Winovich/Burns AND Clowney/Ford/Lawrence? Not that I'm against this, but if that much money and draft capital is going to be spent, the players will be full time players. But that pass rush
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by Murphys1:
I would like Bosa in the first, then Winovich...our defense would look totally different, and suddenly, our corners are much more "talented."

If we improve our pass rush, I really don't think we need to spend resources on our secondary at all. Witherspoon is a young player, but he's shown the ability to be a solid starter in this league. Our trash rush and injuries to both him and our safeties have made him look bad at times. I see a lot of potential in all of our young corners.

We find a way to add Bosa/Allen/Williams and Winovich/Burns with our first two picks and our secondary will eat. We also add a guy like Clowney/Ford/Lawrence and even a weak secondary could look like world beaters behind that pass rush.

Wow. Bosa/Allen AND then Winovich/Burns AND Clowney/Ford/Lawrence? Not that I'm against this, but if that much money and draft capital is going to be spent, the players will be full time players. But that pass rush

I don't like spending that much draft capital on one area, but if this was do-able I think I would make an exception. If I got Bosa and either Winovich or Burns I wouldn't trouble with Clowney. Very good player, but other areas need help too.
Originally posted by English:
I don't like spending that much draft capital on one area, but if this was do-able I think I would make an exception. If I got Bosa and either Winovich or Burns I wouldn't trouble with Clowney. Very good player, but other areas need help too.

I doubt Clowney makes it to FA, HOU will tag him, they'd be dumb not too.

Would love Bosa and Burns, but we need a WR also,and FA is bare, Tyrell Williams,and Golden Tate seem the best but not true #1 WRs.
Newest mock has SF taking......Bryon Murphy who I like but at 4th? Also has us taking Sweat in RD2

[ Edited by NYniner85 on Dec 17, 2018 at 5:44 AM ]
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Newest mock has SF taking......Bryon Murphy who I like but at 4th? Also has us taking Sweat in RD2

Lynch is going to f**k this up

Originally posted by jreff22:

Did he mess up his last draft? Most of those picks look great right now or are showing good potential to be big contributors real soon. Seems to me Lynch and the rest of our front office are steadily improving.

Did he mess up his last draft? Most of those picks look great right now or are showing good potential to be big contributors real soon. Seems to me Lynch and the rest of our front office are steadily improving.

https://www.facebook.com/MaioccoNBCS/videos/why-didnt-the-49ers-select-a-pass-rusher-in-the-draft-john-lynch-and-kyle-shanah/2173437332673578/

https://www.facebook.com/MaioccoNBCS/videos/why-didnt-the-49ers-select-a-pass-rusher-in-the-draft-john-lynch-and-kyle-shanah/2173437332673578/

Just draft a pass rusher even if the players you selected are performing better than the guys selected behind them? Sure, I guess that makes sense.

I'm happy with McGlinchey, Pettis and Warner. There was no need to reach for an EDGE in a very weak class of outside rushers.
Well once Lynch passes on another Edge and goes BPA again, I'm sure we'll have a boat load of excuses.

Just draft a pass rusher even if the players you selected are performing better than the guys selected behind them? Sure, I guess that makes sense.

I'm happy with McGlinchey, Pettis and Warner. There was no need to reach for an EDGE in a very weak class of outside rushers.

And that excuse could pop up again very easily. He's ignored the position for 2 years now, I have no faith he will fix it this time. At #1 it was a lock, at this point, with the top 2 possibly off the board, I can see him going elsewhere while convincing himself Marsh will get better.

Using the same approach Baalke had with WRS....awesome.

Originally posted by Ensatsu:
Well once Lynch passes on another Edge and goes BPA again, I'm sure we'll have a boat load of excuses.

Please no please.
We can still end up with the 3rd pick.

Bucs and giants are going to lose this week and that should just about do it for our SOS.

Unless of course we win lol.

Byron Murphy is pretty freaken sweet. I wouldn't be upset.

But I'd like to know how they address the giant hole at edge.
And Cincy is at cleveland so we need cleveland to keep winning.

And the MNF game is a win for us no matter what...its Den @ Oakland.

We could still end up 2.
Share 49ersWebzone