There are 214 users in the forums

Jonah Williams, OT, Alabama

Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Originally posted by WINiner:
This guy is a top 10 pick. Book it.

This. Guy is a winner and a great player. Worst case he ends up like Scherff

His worst case is not one of the best guards in the NFL... Scherff has bad length for a guard but was an absolute mauler with strength and mobility. I'm not sure there are any videos of a guy running straight through him the way Ferrell did with Jonah Williams.

Jonah Williams has more similarities with Connor Williams than he does with Scherff (who may still be a good player, but who was a 2nd round pick who was okay as a rookie). Both are good college players with good footwork and are generally solid in pass protection but they aren't very strong and don't have good length.

He's one of the most overrated players in this year's draft and it's really funny that some people are suggesting the Cardinals will look at him with the first pick.
Let him slide to the second round
Originally posted by eastcoast49ersfan:
Originally posted by WINiner:
This guy is a top 10 pick. Book it.

This. Guy is a winner and a great player. Worst case he ends up like Scherff

His worst case is not one of the best guards in the NFL... Scherff has bad length for a guard but was an absolute mauler with strength and mobility. I'm not sure there are any videos of a guy running straight through him the way Ferrell did with Jonah Williams.

Jonah Williams has more similarities with Connor Williams than he does with Scherff (who may still be a good player, but who was a 2nd round pick who was okay as a rookie). Both are good college players with good footwork and are generally solid in pass protection but they aren't very strong and don't have good length.

He's one of the most overrated players in this year's draft and it's really funny that some people are suggesting the Cardinals will look at him with the first pick.

Ok
would not be shocked if he's the pick, if bosa is gone of course

Jonah is more technically sound than Conner coming out of college imo.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Jan 20, 2019 at 8:49 AM ]
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

He's not gonna be the pick especially if everyone is viewing him as a guard at the next level
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

He's not gonna be the pick especially if everyone is viewing him as a guard at the next level

Oh I didn't know that, I was thinking he could take over for Staley when he retires, or McG at RT
[ Edited by DonnieDarko on Jan 20, 2019 at 12:54 PM ]
WZ would shut down if he's the pick

Jonah is more technically sound than Conner coming out of college imo.

Far moreso. There is not a comparison between the two as far as technique goes. Connor Williams also had a ton of injury issues.
An anonymous scout told Bob McGinn of Bob McGinn Football that Alabama T Jonah Williams is "soft."

The full quote: "He's soft," he said. "He has good feet but he gets pushed. He has no strength or power." Williams is considered by many to be the best offensive lineman in this class, but it's not unanimous. This scout doesn't consider him a first-round pick (obviously), and others like Draft Analyst's Tony Pauline have raise their reservations as well. Another scout tells McGinn that Williams is "Technically sound. Good hand placement. Very consistent."

An anonymous scout told Bob McGinn of Bob McGinn Football that Alabama T Jonah Williams is "soft."

The full quote: "He's soft," he said. "He has good feet but he gets pushed. He has no strength or power." Williams is considered by many to be the best offensive lineman in this class, but it's not unanimous. This scout doesn't consider him a first-round pick (obviously), and others like Draft Analyst's Tony Pauline have raise their reservations as well. Another scout tells McGinn that Williams is "Technically sound. Good hand placement. Very consistent."

Power is overrated. Hands and technique matter much more. I still think he's a guard and won't be near the best "tackle" of this class.
Originally posted by Waterbear:

Power is overrated. Hands and technique matter much more. I still think he's a guard and won't be near the best "tackle" of this class.

Agree. I don't agree with the soft assessment though from the scout. I've watched him since HS at Folsom....he's not soft imo.

Agree. I don't agree with the soft assessment though from the scout. I've watched him since HS at Folsom....he's not soft imo.

You can't start for Saban if you're soft, and this kid started as a Freshman
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by 49erBigMac:

This right here!!!
Originally posted by 49erBigMac:

Totally agree...just throwing out info people are saying (could be smoke screen stuff)
Share 49ersWebzone