There are 157 users in the forums

Quinnen Williams, DT Alabama

It's fair to bring BY and Stubblefield up and they were extremely successful together but I do remind you Stubblefield had 18.5 sacks his 1st 2 seasons then only broke 5 once after that. One of those players will be trading away individual success to take on doubles and in a league where top dt's can make 150 mil can you keep that?
I have a funny feeling this is the guy the Cardinals take at #1. Their hole at DT is much bigger than their hole at edge, they had a good pass defense and a good number of sacks last season, their run defense was historically awful, and they run a 3-4. QW just makes more sense to me. It has since the start of January.

It would suck playing him and Aaron Donald for 25% of every season but it would be the best-case scenario for us in the context of this draft. We would either draft Bosa or get a king's ransom from another team.
[ Edited by Fanaticofnfl on Mar 23, 2019 at 12:45 AM ]
Originally posted by BuZzB05:
If 49ers will draft QW. I will be piss off because we have enough for Buckner, AA and Thomas that we had 3 by DT. Enough please.. we need grab to Bosa or trade down to grab at Brian Burns by DE

To be fair, QW will also play NT in base defense. But all three options (if the trade down includes Burns) are okay by me.
Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:
If 49ers will draft QW. I will be piss off because we have enough for Buckner, AA and Thomas that we had 3 by DT. Enough please.. we need grab to Bosa or trade down to grab at Brian Burns by DE

To be fair, QW will also play NT in base defense. But all three options (if the trade down includes Burns) are okay by me.

If it is to include Burns - Which seems very sensible - we can't afford to trade down very far. Maybe somewhere between 4 and 6?

No.
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
I have a funny feeling this is the guy the Cardinals take at #1. Their hole at DT is much bigger than their hole at edge, they had a good pass defense and a good number of sacks last season, their run defense was historically awful, and they run a 3-4. QW just makes more sense to me. It has since the start of January.

It would suck playing him and Aaron Donald for 25% of every season but it would be the best-case scenario for us in the context of this draft. We would either draft Bosa or get a king's ransom from another team.

They likely go Murray but after fa I agree that it looks like they go Q otherwise.
Originally posted by NCommand:
No.

Yes.
Originally posted by tjd808185:
It's fair to bring BY and Stubblefield up and they were extremely successful together but I do remind you Stubblefield had 18.5 sacks his 1st 2 seasons then only broke 5 once after that. One of those players will be trading away individual success to take on doubles and in a league where top dt's can make 150 mil can you keep that?

That's because Stubby was taking steroids,
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:

Not many DT's come into this league and dominate right off the bat. In a 3-4 I think he will get eaten up by the NFL o-lineman.

• Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
No.

Yes.

No.
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
No.

Yes.

No.

I agreed with NCommand and Giedi.

Hey Cisco0623.. I said. NO! Are you good to draft or bandwagon fan? You know that we had enough with three guys DT from AA, Buckner and Thomas. You are joking! Smh..
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:

If it is to include Burns - Which seems very sensible - we can't afford to trade down very far. Maybe somewhere between 4 and 6?

Why not trade down for 6 and next years for 2nd round 2020 that we must grab to Brian Burns at #6..
[ Edited by BuZzB05 on Mar 23, 2019 at 9:11 AM ]
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:

Legend
Starting to like the idea of a 4-3 with Williams.

Ford Williams Buckner Thomas

Alexander-Warner-Smith
Share 49ersWebzone