There are 198 users in the forums

Quinnen Williams, DT Alabama

Originally posted by Ice49er:
Starting to like the idea of a 4-3 with Williams.

Ford Williams Buckner Thomas

Alexander-Warner-Smith

Thomas as an edge rusher? Still? Might as well cut him. Dude can't beat tackles, not his game never will be.

They'd still have a gapping hole opposite of Ford.

Alexander-Warner-Smith

+ BEASTslayer
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Alexander-Warner-Smith

Thomas as an edge rusher? Still? Might as well cut him. Dude can't beat tackles, not his game never will be.

Switch Solly T with Ziggy Ansah and we good. 😎👍

Alexander-Warner-Smith

This, and that gaping hole would encompass both sides when Ford gets injured, which his history indicates is likely at some point. I just can't at all understand the want for QW @2 over Bosa. It really makes no sense to me. I get that he potentially is a special player but we have TONS of resources to play his exact position already on the roster. Sure they may never be as good, but we don't need superstars at ever spot, and paying two DT's giant contracts really makes no sense at all. With Ford, Buckner and QW we still have a weakness on one end position. With Bosa Ford and Buckner QB's have it coming from the front and both sides. It's kind of obvious who the 49ers should take imo.
[ Edited by WINiner on Mar 23, 2019 at 11:15 AM ]
Originally posted by BigBug415:
Switch Solly T with Ziggy Ansah and we good. 😎👍

Not happening dude. I'll bet money SF isn't spending any meaningful cash on FAs at this pt.
I think the Niners are more likely to either take Allen or trade back if Arizona takes Bosa. They may like Allen better. Who knows.

It's only because Saleh dropped the other end into coverage and a LB blew his gap assignment.

Alexander-Warner-Smith

Not if we also draft Winovich
Originally posted by WINiner:
This, and that gaping hole would encompass both sides when Ford gets injured, which his history indicates is likely at some point. I just can't at all understand the want for QW @2 over Bosa. It really makes no sense to me. I get that he potentially is a special player but we have TONS of resources to play his exact position already on the roster. Sure they may never be as good, but we don't need superstars at ever spot, and paying two DT's giant contracts really makes no sense at all. With Ford, Buckner and QW we still have a weakness on one end position. With Bosa Ford and Buckner QB's have it coming from the front and both sides. It's kind of obvious who the 49ers should take imo.

It doesn't make sense. Even if you think Q is a better prospect Bosa is also elite in his own right. Both are looked at as the 2 best prospects in this draft. Give me the more balanced team all day.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Draft Bosa and the rest of the line is set. Don't over think it, that's when you get in trouble.

Thomas would be the strong side DE.
He played out of position last year as LEO.

Look at the 2016 Atlanta Falcons defense.
Great weak side pass rusher and really good interior pass rush.

If 49ers draft Williams they 49ers would have a much better DL than the one Atlanta took to the Super Bowl.
I like the idea of Bosa but I just think Williams brings more to the table.

Bosa-Armstead-Buckner-Thomas

Alexander-Warner-Ford

Both are going to be a huge improvement from last year.
Thomas would be the strong side DE.
He played out of position last year as LEO.

Look at the 2016 Atlanta Falcons defense.
Great weak side pass rusher and really good interior pass rush.

If 49ers draft Williams they 49ers would have a much better DL than the one Atlanta took to the Super Bowl.

Bigger issue is when they go in nickel. He sucks at edge end of story.
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Bigger issue is when they go in nickel. He sucks at edge end of story.

fake news! That's only more than half our snaps
You can go to the Super Bowl with QW. QW = Aaron Donald. Buckner = Suh. You can get to the Super Bowl with that.
Share 49ersWebzone