LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 240 users in the forums

Quinnen Williams, DT Alabama

Originally posted by theduke85:
Sorry, I don't understand what you mean?

Bosa = Patrick Peterson. Bosa = Willis. If there was nothing but trash available of course I'd want Q.
I can't keep up with all the posts , but I just want to remind people..

Arik Armstead: not drafted to play DT
DeForest Buckner: not drafted to play DT
Soloman Thomas: not drafted to play DT

This myth that we draft DT in the 1st round year after year is simply not true
Originally posted by Buchy:
I think this is the 3rd time I've posted this:

BE: Buckner
3T: Thomas
1T: Williams
LEO: Ford

This is the first time I saw this...and you know what that would be interesting to see. Though I'd hope we'd extend Buckner before we move him to the outside...if he takes off there his contract value will jump big time.
Originally posted by Buchy:
I think this is the 3rd time I've posted this:

BE: Buckner
3T: Thomas
1T: Williams
LEO: Ford

yeah right...

They're not moving Buckner out of the 3T.

Switch Thomas and Buckner around. That's the lineup. Saleh would rather have Buckner at the 3T, and have Thomas suck at the edge spot, than switch those positions. He's said it so many times. And from what I gather, he is inflexible.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
If the 49ers draft Williams and Isabella, I think NY might legit try to fight me. Or block me.

But you can't block mods.

HAHAHA

I chuckled at the office....lol....
If 49ers will draft QW. I will be piss off because we have enough for Buckner, AA and Thomas that we had 3 by DT. Enough please.. we need grab to Bosa or trade down to grab at Brian Burns by DE
We dont need DT for 1st round enough!
Originally posted by Dshearn:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
If the 49ers draft Williams and Isabella, I think NY might legit try to fight me. Or block me.

But you can't block mods.

HAHAHA

I chuckled at the office....lol....

me too
Originally posted by adrianlesnar:

They're all interior pass rushers though...that's what they did in college. Yes the Oregon guys were 3-4 DE but they didn't rush from the outside ever. I don't care who lines up where in base I want two edge rushers screaming off the edge & I want two beasts inside killing guards/C. This is a one gap get up the field and kill the QB scheme. We need one more top end edge rusher to make it complete
If they were to move Buckner to big end it's so Q can play 3 tech. You want your best interior rusher there and Solly is likely 3rd on that list.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Mar 22, 2019 at 1:32 PM ]

Originally posted by NYniner85:

They're all interior pass rushers though...that's what they did in college. Yes the Oregon guys were 3-4 DE but they didn't rush from the outside ever. I don't care who lines up where in base I want two edge rushers screaming off the edge & I want two beasts inside killing guards/C. This is a one gap get up the field and kill the QB scheme. We need one more top end edge rusher to make it complete

Again you're still assuming that Solomon amounts to something, IMO we could get there just as easily with QW, and then Blair and a mid rounder from the edge.

I'm not using this as a QW argument, just saying that we are set up to just take the best player, it's very close for me.
Originally posted by 49erBigMac:

They're all interior pass rushers though...that's what they did in college. Yes the Oregon guys were 3-4 DE but they didn't rush from the outside ever. I don't care who lines up where in base I want tw o edge rushers screaming off the edge & I want two beasts inside killing guards/C. This is a one gap get up the field and kill the QB scheme. We need one more top end edge rusher to make it complete

Again you're still assuming that Solomon amounts to something, IMO we could get there just as easily with QW, and then Blair and a mid rounder from the edge.

I'm not using this as a QW argument, just saying that we are set up to just take the best player, it's very close for me.
Well we have also taken nearly 2 dt's Per year since 2015. We have invested significant resources in the IDL. We have invested very little into the edge.

I thought ST next to buck played some good football the last 6 games. Buck had 6 sacks, 9 QB hits, and 9 TFL while Thomas was next to him inside. He turned it up next or solly.

If SF is done with Thomas after two yrs and a 1 and a 1/2 as an edge rusher sure QW could very well be the pick...I don't think they dislike Thomas as much as some fans do.

That said if Bosa is gone I can live with QW. I don't think Bosa will be gone though

I thought ST next to buck played some good football the last 6 games. Buck had 6 sacks, 9 QB hits, and 9 TFL while Thomas was next to him inside. He turned it up next or solly.

If SF is done with Thomas after two yrs and a 1 and a 1/2 as an edge rusher sure QW could very well be the pick...I don't think they dislike Thomas as much as some fans do.

That said if Bosa is gone I can live with QW. I don't think Bosa will be gone though

I don't dislike Solomon, he just hasn't shown me enough to think about him when it comes to future draft picks.

Using Buck's additional production is a weak argument and you know it. He also started the season on a tear, what was the reason for that?

Just draft the best player, I'm going to dive back into both of them, it's so close, can't split them at the moment.
We had Stubblefield and Ted Washington in 1994, who were both good young DTs. We still drafted Bryant Young.

Conversation over.
Share 49ersWebzone