LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 400 users in the forums

Late round quarterbacks

• xcfan
  • Veteran
Lauletta has too much of a pop-gun arm and does not have elite anticipation to make up for it. DBs will relish his lack of ball speed. Dude will be barely a backup up; not a Winning starter. . . ever. Reminds me of Jason Garrett.

JT Barrett? Oh my, has there ever been an Ohio State QB less suited to start a nfl game? Probably not.

Mike White has the right stuff to start at qb, after a couple years apprenticeship.
I like the idea, but I'd leave it a year. CJ has a good pre-season, maybe gets in a game or two when we're 40 points up, trade him the year after for a 2nd! Then we'll draft another handpicked Kyle guy.
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
I am pretty sure the Niners will not pick a QB until late on day 3 or at all in this draft. Definitely think they will get one as an UDFA. Another camp arm to compete with Mullens won't hurt. They did visit with the kid from Princeton and Linehan sounds like he's worth a look.
They did work out Kanoff 6-4 219 4.91
This kid is impressive, excellent arm He set the Ivy league record for completion rate 72.3
Patriots are checking him out as well
Don't see the point in wasting a draft pick on a QB when we can add talent at positions of need. Get a priority free agent and let him battle for #3.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erBigMac:
I like the idea, but I'd leave it a year. CJ has a good pre-season, maybe gets in a game or two when we're 40 points up, trade him the year after for a 2nd! Then we'll draft another handpicked Kyle guy.

what makes you think anyone would give us anything like that for Beathard?

It would take 2-3 pretty good games(showings) the next couple years in order to just recoup the 3rd we spent.

Kyle Allen's been quietly generating buzz and has had 11 workouts. This is a guy we could be looking at as a late round back up QB and turn him into a trade chip in 3 years.
[ Edited by Hysterikal on Apr 17, 2018 at 8:04 AM ]
The more I'm digging into Kyle Allen the more I'm liking. Dude was the #1 QB coming out of HS. Went to Texas A&M and had a damn good career there (Kirk had a much better stat line with Allen there) and then transferred to Houston. He wasn't invited to the combine so he is flying under the radar but there's a lot to like about him.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
I like Mike White 6'4" 225 pounds from Western Kentucky or Matt Linehan 6'3" 235 pounds from Idaho. I see Mike White as a 4th round pick and Matt Linehan anywhere from 3rd to 5th round pick. All could drop though, this is a pretty deep class for skill positions that could make QB's fall.

I don't there'a much separating Josh allen from White. He's got a little more arm strength, which everyone drools over. Meh, save your top-10 pick and grab White later.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
The more I'm digging into Kyle Allen the more I'm liking. Dude was the #1 QB coming out of HS. Went to Texas A&M and had a damn good career there (Kirk had a much better stat line with Allen there) and then transferred to Houston. He wasn't invited to the combine so he is flying under the radar but there's a lot to like about him.

Bump
Share 49ersWebzone