LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 242 users in the forums

Devin White, LB, LSU

This guy is not a prospect in the 2018 draft, but I saw how fast this guy was moving in some Arden Key film and I had to watch some of his.
It's a highlight tape, but still.. oh my.

The speed, weight, motor, and production is absolutely insane. The film reminds me of an ex 49ers LB from the south we all know and love(d).
127 tackles this year, 4.5 sacks, 1st team SEC

This guy could be a scary prospect next year. Ill definitely be keeping my eye on him.

Kid has an interesting story too:
http://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/sports/lsu/article_0ab87682-ed95-11e7-a35c-439703e21399.html
[ Edited by 49erInTheMidwest on Apr 9, 2018 at 11:44 AM ]
Yeah, he popped for me while I was watching Key as well, love the range, saw some poor missed tackles, but I'll certainly be watching closer this year.

Jay LaPrete/Associated
MATT MILLER
SEPTEMBER 21, 2018

Stock Up: LSU Linebacker Devin White

"In a class that's lacking outside a few elite names, linebacker Devin White could intrigue teams early in the draft thanks to his special combination of athleticism and instincts. White is a lot like former UCLA linebacker Myles Jack—now with the Jacksonville Jaguars—as a former running back-turned-'backer who has the eyes of an offensive player with the meanness of a defender."

Caught some of LSU this year and he is an interesting player
"White is a complete linebacker with sideline-to-sideline speed and the ability to play inside and outside. No matter what the LSU coaches have asked of White, whether it is drop in coverage or blitz, he has stood out. He's the closest thing to Ryan Shazier in this draft"
USA Today

Will be a good matchup against Georgia today
Best pro LBer prospect this year
[ Edited by Hysterikal on Oct 14, 2018 at 8:11 AM ]
Drawing double teams against Mississippi state
Beast!!!
Had a solid game, 1 sack. Big matchup against Texas a&m next week for Devin and Greedy
He's legit. Outside of pass rushers, he's the best linebacker in this class by far and even that's debateable. If we don't get Bosa I hope we can trade down and accumulate another top 50 pick

• jimrat
  • Veteran
Moved up our draft board
CBS Sports draft writer Chris Trapasso believes that LSU junior LB Devin White is a player that could be targeted by the Raiders in the first round.

As you might have heard, the Raiders now have three first-round picks after Monday's trade of Amari Cooper to the Cowboys. That Dallas pick currently projects as a selection between 13-18, and White (6'0/240) would absolutely make sense in that area in Trapasso's eyes. "White's a twitchy, ultra-aggressive linebacker who, as a 20-year-old, probably has his best football in front of him," Trapasso writes. "He's a little slow reacting to his keys and is a liability as a tackler but plays with his hair on fire." After passing on a potential defensive star in Derwin James, the Raiders would do well to procure the services of White with one of their picks.
Value just increased. Or rather our need.
Still think this kid is very easily a top 7 prospect. Maybe top 5

And better than foster ever was
[ Edited by 49erInTheMidwest on Nov 25, 2018 at 9:22 AM ]
Originally posted by 49erInTheMidwest:
Still think this kid is very easily a top 7 prospect. Maybe top 5

And better than foster ever was

And edge rusher is still a far bigger need than linebacker. The fortunate thing is that Warner seems to have the tools and IQ, on and off the field to hold down MLB. What they will need is to land another guy like him to handle the weakside.
Share 49ersWebzone