There are 226 users in the forums

Trading Down May Be the Wise Choice

Agree w/Krizay...with Garoppolo secured, they can trade down, garner extra picks and still get a blue-chipper in the 1st rd.
Originally posted by evil:
Originally posted by riverrunzthruit:
Last year chiefs traded up to 10 for 2 1sts and a 3rd to select Mahomes... Bills do this for Allen or Mayfield with us

KC had the 27th pick not the 21st pick and traded a future 1st which held less value than the 22nd pick will.

So throw them one of our thirds and a fifth next year to even it out?
Last year chiefs traded up to 10 for 2 1sts and a 3rd to select Mahomes... Bills do this for Allen or Mayfield with us

KC did it for a late 1st and a 1st a year later which holds the value of a 2nd rounder in the current year.

The Bills will trade us both their 1st rounders scenario was never realistic for anyone but a team picking in the Top 3 picks of the draft.
Trading down to the low teens and adding an additional 2nd is the way to go. We would basically drop down 10 picks max and add JG. Can't beat that!
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by justjim77:
Originally posted by evil:

KC had the 27th pick not the 21st pick and traded a future 1st which held less value than the 22nd pick will.

So throw them one of our thirds and a fifth next year to even it out?

Buffalo just hung up the phone. They have talked to other teams as well pre-draft, and will make a deal to move up with them and not have to give up both firsts.
IMO with drafting QBs teams can get psycho, and all perceived trade value goes out the window... we are in a prime spot if one of these qbs slides to trade out for a good haul (thank you Bears)
  • evil
  • Veteran
IMO with drafting QBs teams can get psycho, and all perceived trade value goes out the window... we are in a prime spot if one of these qbs slides to trade out for a good haul (thank you Bears)

We are also not the only team that a deal can be cut with, so trying to strong arm a team into overpaying can bite you in the ass if moving back is what you want to do.

If Buffalo is trying to move up for a QB in our range, they will have gauged what it will take for teams sitting somewhere around picks 7-14 to move off their pick. This is why teams may call each other in the 24-36 hours before the draft.
I really like the idea of trading down.

Buffalo seems to be mentioned a lot.

Their first 1st rounder, their 2nd rounder and next year's 2nd rounder would be sweet.

http://footballdungeon.com/mocks/duane-livelys-post-super-bowl-mock/
[ Edited by LasVegasWally on Feb 6, 2018 at 3:02 PM ]
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

Their first 1st rounder, their 2nd rounder and next year's 2nd rounder would be sweet.

Only trade down worth it is the Buffalo scenario. That's if they don't trade with a team ahead of us.

Otherwise I don't see the value unless Mike Ditka is still running a team out there
Trading down could be a good option it just depends on how far they want to go down and if there is a player they like still a possibility. I think they're willing to trade down except if somehow someway Saquon Barkley is there. He's the best all around player in the draft and really not that close. No way 49ers would pass him up and they would probably try trading up to get him if he gets close to where they will be selecting 9/10.

• krizay
  • Veteran

A 1st and 2 2nds is abput tbe best we can hope for
You don't like tremaine edmunds ?
Originally posted by krizay:

A 1st and 2 2nds is abput tbe best we can hope for

Don't see us trading down that far for anything less than including a future 1st. One of those 2nd's would be a future 1st as they have the same value.
AA, Jimmie Ward(Agrees to restructure and 2 year extension with BUF) and our first,7th for both of Buffalo's 1sts
Seen two mock drafts today now.

One we stayed at 9 and took Denzel Ward, the other we trade down to 22 and take....Denzel Ward.

People are just determined to pair us with Ward 2.0.

I'm assuming we sorted out the OL, LEO and SAM in FA otherwise Ward and Jones at 21 and 22...yeah not sure I like.
Share 49ersWebzone