LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 240 users in the forums

Trading Down...

Originally posted by krizay:
With All of the QBs available in the draft. I do not see Darnold going top 10.

Not saying I wouldn't rather him than a QB (or 2) that goes ahead of him but I don't see it....

13th to the skins at the earliest

With all the other QBs in the draft

Dude there are like 5 picks in the top 10 that could very well be a QB. Plus teams that will be wanting to move up.

He's looked at as a top 2 pick man.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Originally posted by evil:
KC gave up last years and this years first and were jumping up from 27 to 10. Buffalo has enough ammo that they do not need to give up 21 and 22 this year.

They gave up 27 and 22 plus a 3rd.

The 2018 First rounder had less value than the 22nd pick when it was traded. They also were 6 spots further down the board then Buffalo is this year.

Buffalo has 2 firsts, 2 seconds and a third this year plus their 2019 picks. And they do not have to trade with us to get up for their guy, we are not the only option. 21 and 22 combined is enough to get up to the sixth pick on the trade value chart just on value alone.
Why would Buffalo give up their 2 firsts rounders? They have 2 second rounders and could move up by trading 21, a second and a third. They would still have their other first and another second.

Same reason KC did. Wanted to secure their guy.

The only qbs worth that type of move up is Rosen/Darnold and you're gonna jump to a top 2 pick, not the 10th pick like KC did
So apparently Sam Darold is gonna go 13th to the redskins and Barkley is gonna fall right into our laps according to some people in WZ.

How much you guys smoking out in Cali? Lol
Someone has been playing too much Madden.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
So apparently Sam Darold is gonna go 13th to the redskins and Barkley is gonna fall right into our laps according to some people in WZ.

As long as Roquan falls to our 2nd round pick. Jaire in the 3rd with Quenton also. And Calvin in the 4th. Trade our 5th round for Von Miller. Billy Price in the 6th. Use our 7th rounders on like Bradley Chubb and Josh Jackson. I think that's a good and totally possible scenario
[ Edited by Hysterikal on Jan 21, 2018 at 4:34 PM ]
Magically? Darnold not going to be top 10.

• krizay
  • Veteran
With All of the QBs available in the draft. I do not see Darnold going top 10.

Not saying I wouldn't rather him than a QB (or 2) that goes ahead of him but I don't see it....

13th to the skins at the earliest

With all the other QBs in the draft

Dude there are like 5 picks in the top 10 that could very well be a QB. Plus teams that will be wanting to move up.

He's looked at as a top 2 pick man.

Oh I know where the "experts" has had him mocked for the past 12 months.

I'm not one that says oh they say he's elite be sure that's what everyone thinks. Or that guy sucks cause that's what everyone thinks.

I also am not one to overlook how I see the off-season playing out.

Of the 4 teams in the top 10 that every says need a QB.

CLE is the only surefire team that seems almost a guarantee to go rookie QB early.

CLE gave Hue another year. They have the money to go after Kirk, the capital to go after Alex, or could give him his 1 year tryout with an AJ McCarron.

Most likely scenario rookie QB. but if Hue isnt tbeir longterm coach why select a QB a year early and not give your new coach his say. ( why I think CLE should move on from HUE this year personally.

My guess Josh Rosen

Giants
They have ELI, yes they need a successor. But it doesn't HAVE to be a top 5 pick QB that you may sit 1? 2? 3? Years

I predict they go OL then trade back into the 1st and land Jackson/Allen/Mayfield

DEN
That defense is a win now defense. John WITHOUT A DOUBT will go the vet route. They will have either Alex or Kirk in my opinion (I think buffalo gets the other)

NYJ
sorta the same situation as CLE. As far as coach and young QB. will Rhodes be around to develop the QB taken or do they go the vet route?

I think they miss out on Alex/Kirk. Settle for Bradford or Bridgewater

That leaves ARI, WASH & BUFF

ARI can go any direction. Vet like Mccown, Bridgewater/Bradford or rookie. They are oldish built to win now. Depends on new coach and Fitz.

I predict they punt and "rebuild". May move up in draft for QB. I predict they move up to top 5 go Mason Rudolph

WASH
They bring in Bridgewater. Stand pat at 13 and drafts Darnold.

Buff
They get either Alex or Kirk whoever Denver doesn't get.

That's how I see it going down. To predict all them QBs going top 10 isn't looking at the QB carasoul in its entirety.

Now obviously it depends on how much the teams like these QBs.and which ones tbey like. I'm a Rudolph guy so I have him over Allen and Darnold. (all the QBs actually but can see the Rosen argument)

So.... you just see the free agent QBs remaining free agents? How do you see things shaking out?

Edited to change Darnold to Mayfield in the giants scenario
[ Edited by krizay on Jan 21, 2018 at 4:49 PM ]
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Why would Buffalo give up their 2 firsts rounders? They have 2 second rounders and could move up by trading 21, a second and a third. They would still have their other first and another second.

Same reason KC did. Wanted to secure their guy.

The only qbs worth that type of move up is Rosen/Darnold and you're gonna jump to a top 2 pick, not the 10th pick like KC did

People said no QB was worth 2 1sts last year when we had #2. Yet #10 and #12 both received that
What in the s**t is going on in this forum.

• krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

Nothing just inadvertently hijacking a thread
The 2018 First rounder had less value than the 22nd pick when it was traded. They also were 6 spots further down the board then Buffalo is this year.

Buffalo has 2 firsts, 2 seconds and a third this year plus their 2019 picks. And they do not have to trade with us to get up for their guy, we are not the only option. 21 and 22 combined is enough to get up to the sixth pick on the trade value chart just on value alone.

And it could've had a hell of a ton of value had it been a top 10 pick. That's the risk you take by trading a future pick. The reason it's done is teams rarely have 2 first rounders.

What does the trade value say it requires to move up from 3 to 2? Not what Chicago gave up I'm pretty sure.

Also when did I say 9ers are only team they can trade with.
[ Edited by 9ers4eva on Jan 21, 2018 at 5:27 PM ]

Peoples are projecting draft slots for QBs before FA when both are fairly loaded.

As long as Roquan falls to our 2nd round pick. Jaire in the 3rd with Quenton also. And Calvin in the 4th. Trade our 5th round for Von Miller. Billy Price in the 6th. Use our 7th rounders on like Bradley Chubb and Josh Jackson. I think that's a good and totally possible scenario

Totally gonna happen
Oh I know where the "experts" has had him mocked for the past 12 months.

I'm not one that says oh they say he's elite be sure that's what everyone thinks. Or that guy sucks cause that's what everyone thinks.

I also am not one to overlook how I see the off-season playing out.

Of the 4 teams in the top 10 that every says need a QB.

CLE is the only surefire team that seems almost a guarantee to go rookie QB early.

CLE gave Hue another year. They have the money to go after Kirk, the capital to go after Alex, or could give him his 1 year tryout with an AJ McCarron.

Most likely scenario rookie QB. but if Hue isnt tbeir longterm coach why select a QB a year early and not give your new coach his say. ( why I think CLE should move on from HUE this year personally.

My guess Josh Rosen

Giants
They have ELI, yes they need a successor. But it doesn't HAVE to be a top 5 pick QB that you may sit 1? 2? 3? Years

I predict they go OL then trade back into the 1st and land Jackson/Allen/Mayfield

DEN
That defense is a win now defense. John WITHOUT A DOUBT will go the vet route. They will have either Alex or Kirk in my opinion (I think buffalo gets the other)

NYJ
sorta the same situation as CLE. As far as coach and young QB. will Rhodes be around to develop the QB taken or do they go the vet route?

I think they miss out on Alex/Kirk. Settle for Bradford or Bridgewater

That leaves ARI, WASH & BUFF

ARI can go any direction. Vet like Mccown, Bridgewater/Bradford or rookie. They are oldish built to win now. Depends on new coach and Fitz.

I predict they punt and "rebuild". May move up in draft for QB. I predict they move up to top 5 go Mason Rudolph

WASH
They bring in Bridgewater. Stand pat at 13 and drafts Darnold.

Buff
They get either Alex or Kirk whoever Denver doesn't get.

That's how I see it going down. To predict all them QBs going top 10 isn't looking at the QB carasoul in its entirety.

Now obviously it depends on how much the teams like these QBs.and which ones tbey like. I'm a Rudolph guy so I have him over Allen and Darnold. (all the QBs actually but can see the Rosen argument)

So.... you just see the free agent QBs remaining free agents? How do you see things shaking out?

Edited to change Darnold to Mayfield in the giants scenario

That's too much for me to read and comment on right now
Share 49ersWebzone