LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 328 users in the forums

Trading Down...

TBH I stopped reading at Josh Rosen to the Browns. Don't see it happening at all.

Browns will go after a short term vet lile Smith or Bradford while picking Darnold or Allen to groom.
Originally posted by JaggedJ:
TBH I stopped reading at Josh Rosen to the Browns. Don't see it happening at all.

Browns will go after a short term vet lile Smith or Bradford while picking Darnold or Allen to groom.

Why couldn't they groom Rosen?
Whether we end up with the 9th or 10th pick, the opportunities to trade down are considerably less than last year. What could change that is a couple more QB's in the competition some teams may be willing to trade up for. If not, so long as Lynch can grab Roquan Smith, Bradley Chubb, Fitzpatrick or Joshua Jackson I'll be a happy camper.
I thought about this trade potential a couple of days ago. 21 & 22, for our 9/10 and our (N.O.) 2nd kinda takes the sting out of the Saints not sucking as expected this year. And it gives us a good chance to hit the depth of the first round, rather than pick guy from a pool of reaches after your sure things are gone by 10.

But again if 4 QBs go early, the pool is deep where we are and it's safer to get the guy you want.

Anyway, good topic of discussion.
Glad I'm not the only one.
Originally posted by lamontb:

Because they won't take Rosen.
Originally posted by lamontb:

Because they won't take Rosen.

Yeah I agree, besides him stating that he doesn't want to be a Brown he just seem to fit that division and team imo.
Originally posted by illinois9er:
Yeah I agree, besides him stating that he doesn't want to be a Brown he just seem to fit that division and team imo.

Not sure what that really means? Would Andy Dalton fit the mold lol.

I mean I guess you could say Sam Darnold wouldn't be a fit but that crap doesn't matter if you're one of the top two QBs in the draft and you desperately need one. I think it's a bunch of BS that he doesn't want to play in Cleveland...that's not how the draft works. Myles didn't want to play in Cleveland and even asked the cowboys to move up for him.

You shouldn't determine what team you're gonna go to IMO. IF you could no one would ever go to the Browns ha.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

I mean I guess you could say Sam Darnold wouldn't be a fit but that crap doesn't matter if you're one of the top two QBs in the draft and you desperately need one. I think it's a bunch of BS that he doesn't want to play in Cleveland...that's not how the draft works. Myles didn't want to play in Cleveland and even asked the cowboys to move up for him.

You shouldn't determine what team you're gonna go to IMO. IF you could no one would ever go to the Browns ha.

I meant to say that he doesn't fit that division and team to me.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
What in the s**t is going on in this forum.

not alot of common sense...
Originally posted by NYniner85:

What Rosen said was apples and oranges to what Garrett said. Garrett was coming from a diehard Cowboy supporters pov and even stated afterwards he'd have no problem going to the Browns, calling the video his greatest regret in the draft process. I don't think Rosen is likely to do the same.

It's not just that Rosen doesn't want to go to the Browns. Dorsey apparently doesn't rate him so it looks like the feeling is mutual between both parties.

I would be very surprised if Rosen lands in Cleveland.

What Rosen said was apples and oranges to what Garrett said. Garrett was coming from a diehard Cowboy supporters pov and even stated afterwards he'd have no problem going to the Browns, calling the video his greatest regret in the draft process. I don't think Rosen is likely to do the same.

It's not just that Rosen doesn't want to go to the Browns. Dorsey apparently doesn't rate him so it looks like the feeling is mutual between both parties.

I would be very surprised if Rosen lands in Cleveland.

good call from Rosen whose circumstances are completely different to Garretts. Garrett would likely succeed anywhere. QB's go to Cleveland to disappear.
[ Edited by 4thandlong on Jan 22, 2018 at 7:48 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone