LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 273 users in the forums

Deontay Burnett WR USC

• Geeked
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NYniner85:
UDFA? He's gonna get drafted cbs has his as the 53rd overall prospect.

Well, then I guess I should hope the 49ers are not the team that waste a pick on him.

Just remember, I've watched every game of his college career. He's good when in space, but he's not fast enough to out maneuver a NFL DB... which isn't good when you're a small receiver.
I think Burnett is a "little" playmaker. Hes got a hunger to him that keeps him always working. I think hes got some talent. I compare his playing style to Diggs. And how big is Diggs? Another little guy. Deontay was the youngest wr in the class, so hes got some room to grow
Originally posted by SFL49ER:
I think Burnett is a "little" playmaker. Hes got a hunger to him that keeps him always working. I think hes got some talent. I compare his playing style to Diggs. And how big is Diggs? Another little guy. Deontay was the youngest wr in the class, so hes got some room to grow

The difference is Diggs is an elite athlete who slipped in the draft due to injury concerns. Barnett went undrafted because he's much thinner than Diggs was and he isn't a good athlete. Burnett's ceiling is much lower than where Diggs is right now.
Originally posted by eastcoast49ersfan:
Originally posted by SFL49ER:

The difference is Diggs is an elite athlete who slipped in the draft due to injury concerns. Barnett went undrafted because he's much thinner than Diggs was and he isn't a good athlete. Burnett's ceiling is much lower than where Diggs is right now.

agreed, I've actually been comparing our own 2nd rd pick Pettis to Diggs. Both are similar size, both are savvy route-runners, both have good speed, and both are top end athletes.
Share 49ersWebzone