LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 240 users in the forums

Deontay Burnett WR USC

6'0 170 Declared for the draft. Reminds me of a taller Jamison Crowder.

Had a decent game vs OSU

• krizay
  • Veteran
Fumble and a drop on 1st 2 series. This is the video you use to hype your dude?

Hope you're not an attorney.
Originally posted by krizay:

Lolz. It's not how you start the first 10 minutes.. It's how you battle and finish
Originally posted by krizay:

I used the OSU vid because it was the most recent game and because it's good to see the both good and bad. The hype vid is the highlights
  • Geeked
  • Veteran
As a USC guy, I'll tell ya, I hope he plays for someone other then the 49ers. The 49ers already have this type of receiver on the roster. The guy is small and I don't believe he'll hold up over 16 for many years. On top of this, he regressed this year. It may have a little to do with Darnold (who regressed more than people seem to have noticed), but I didn't see him do himself a whole lot of favors getting open or adjusting routs to the sticks.

As a whole, the only offensive players at USC that got better was Ronald Jones and guys that didn't touch the field in 2016. The returners did not improve, and many regressed.
[ Edited by Geeked on Feb 9, 2018 at 12:05 PM ]
Niners have met with this guy at the combine. Someone said they met with him today, but I can't find confirmation.

If you look at the WRs with whom they've met, there's a clear pattern materializing there. Shanny clearly has a type, and it's not 6'4" 225 big-bodied, lumbering WRs.
[ Edited by Heroism on Mar 23, 2018 at 4:08 PM ]
Originally posted by Heroism:
Niners have met with this guy at the combine. Someone said they met with him today, but I can't find confirmation.

If you look at the WRs with whom they've met, there's a clear pattern materializing there. Shanny clearly has a type, and it's not 6'4" 225 big-bodied, lumbering WRs.

He likes speed and great route running
Not a fan.
Originally posted by The411:
Not a fan.

Not a fan

Currently has an acl injury. We gotta stop with the injured players tho. Not make it a trend . Been down this road.
Originally posted by GhostOfBaalke:
Currently has an acl injury. We gotta stop with the injured players tho. Not make it a trend . Been down this road.

when did he have an acl injury? last i saw he just tweaked a hamstring. dude has burst, hands, and great route running. i'd be happy to grab him later
  • Geeked
  • Veteran
Originally posted by MTninerfan:

when did he have an acl injury? last i saw he just tweaked a hamstring. dude has burst, hands, and great route running. i'd be happy to grab him later

He doesn't have an ACL injury but does get nicked up.

and he's not the fastest guy out there. His "burst" is average for the guy his size. He'd be a good UFA addition or possible 6th rounder but I'd honestly be surprised if goes in the 6th.

I've watched his whole career. His numbers are a product of a lot more than his talent. He better have been productive for at least half of 2017 as the guy starting on the other side was hot garbage (Greene).

When SC started using Tyler Vaughns and Pittman, Burnett wasn't as featured... Pittman started to take over. That's kinda why I think Burnett left, he very easily could have been overcome by the guys behind him. Especially with a new QB that needs to have the most talented guys to help them out.
[ Edited by Geeked on Mar 26, 2018 at 2:26 PM ]
Originally posted by Geeked:

He doesn't have an ACL injury but does get nicked up.

and he's not the fastest guy out there. His "burst" is average for the guy his size. He'd be a good UFA addition or possible 6th rounder but I'd honestly be surprised if goes in the 6th.

I've watched his whole career. His numbers are a product of a lot more than his talent. He better have been productive for at least half of 2017 as the guy starting on the other side was hot garbage (Greene).

When SC started using Tyler Vaughns and Pittman, Burnett wasn't as featured... Pittman started to take over. That's kinda why I think Burnett left, he very easily could have been overcome by the guys behind him. Especially with a new QB that needs to have the most talented guys to help them out.

UDFA? He's gonna get drafted cbs has his as the 53rd overall prospect.

My bad you're right. Was being told about Burnett's acl by my buddy from that area but must've been some confusion
Share 49ersWebzone