LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 171 users in the forums

James Daniels, C, Iowa

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Yeah, I want that OL. Foles got hit what, like once? You give Jimmy G that sort of time in the pocket and he's lighting fools up left and right, regardless of who is at receiver. As I've said, I wouldn't be upset if they just traded down a few times, added several more picks, took a guy like Daniels or a TE like Goedert and continued building the roster, especially the OL with the remaining picks.

I could get behind that as long as the studs, Barkley and Nelson, are gone. There is so much talent between picks 20-60 it can't hurt to have loads of picks in this area.
Looks like the scout really like him and he's a perfect scheme for us. Looks like between Daniels and Ragnow, there might be a nice player falling to the 3rd.

Edit: with the uncertainty with the FA Centers, I like the idea of signing Sullivan from the Rams and grooming a rookie behind him.
[ Edited by strickac on Feb 13, 2018 at 12:57 PM ]
Originally posted by strickac:
Looks like the scout really like him and he's a perfect scheme for us. Looks like between Daniels and Ragnow, there might be a nice player falling to the 3rd.

Edit: with the uncertainty with the FA Centers, I like the idea of signing Sullivan from the Rams and grooming a rookie behind him.

I'm finding myself so damn torn with this draft. Last year I was in love with Solomon Thomas(still hoping he proves to be the stud I expected)

This year I'm all over the place. Not just player wise but positions I want to address.

I want us to hit on pass rusher early(unless we can sign Ziggy Ansah in FA) but also love the early corners, Nelson, Roquan Smith. I want us to address RB in the 2nd, but also love the interior OL prospects who may be around there.

And while I feel much better about our WRs with Jimmy G at QB I do like the prospects who can be available in the 2nd/3rd round pick area for us.

What to do...what to do.
Originally posted by genus49:

I'm finding myself so damn torn with this draft. Last year I was in love with Solomon Thomas(still hoping he proves to be the stud I expected)

This year I'm all over the place. Not just player wise but positions I want to address.

I want us to hit on pass rusher early(unless we can sign Ziggy Ansah in FA) but also love the early corners, Nelson, Roquan Smith. I want us to address RB in the 2nd, but also love the interior OL prospects who may be around there.

And while I feel much better about our WRs with Jimmy G at QB I do like the prospects who can be available in the 2nd/3rd round pick area for us.

What to do...what to do.
I feel the same way but let's go back to our first instincts when we realized Garoppolo was the real deal- solidify the offensive line. Then focus on defense.

Let's see what they do in FA. I assume they will get bodies on the o-line and cb. I'd say those are our two biggest needs.

Then the draft- pretty much bpa in the first imo. Otherwise trade around and keep adding. Once we feel o-line and cb are good, now look at the next tier. (Lb, rb, wr etc)

I agree upgrading center will pay huge dividends. Now obviously we aren't taking one at 9-10, but trade down or end of second - far more likely.
Originally posted by Cisco0623:

What to do...what to do.
I feel the same way but let's go back to our first instincts when we realized Garoppolo was the real deal- solidify the offensive line. Then focus on defense.

Let's see what they do in FA. I assume they will get bodies on the o-line and cb. I'd say those are our two biggest needs.

Then the draft- pretty much bpa in the first imo. Otherwise trade around and keep adding. Once we feel o-line and cb are good, now look at the next tier. (Lb, rb, wr etc)

I agree upgrading center will pay huge dividends. Now obviously we aren't taking one at 9-10, but trade down or end of second - far more likely.

Sullivan is a RFA so I bet y'all he atleast gets a 2nd round tender. If y'all want a rookie C, or open to one like me, then Kilgore or someone already under contract like Magnuson will need to start until rookie is ready. Remember Pat Eflein last year started by pre season time.
I want Daniels. especially since he was Beathard's center.
Since we signed Kilgore, center seems less of a priority. Unless he's versatile. Can he play guard?
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:
Originally posted by Cisco0623:

What to do...what to do.

Sullivan is a RFA so I bet y'all he atleast gets a 2nd round tender. If y'all want a rookie C, or open to one like me, then Kilgore or someone already under contract like Magnuson will need to start until rookie is ready. Remember Pat Eflein last year started by pre season time.

This is my hope. Kilgore is OK at best - very mediocre. If they didnt see anyone and need a year to develop a rookie it is what it is. Need an upgrade at guard for sure!
Originally posted by adrenaline:
Since we signed Kilgore, center seems less of a priority. Unless he's versatile. Can he play guard?

Kilgore is a bridge and a reliable player, I'm sure they wouldn't hesitate on an upgrade. Pretty much any Center can play Guard.
It's safe to say Daniels and Welsh will be on Kyle's radar.

[ Edited by Heroism on Feb 21, 2018 at 8:17 AM ]

Originally posted by Heroism:
It's safe to say Daniels and Welsh will be on Kyle's radar.

Somen tells me you still like him over Daniels. What's the deal with Billy Price, he seems to be hot and cold with some people, how do you rank all 3.
The more I study this kid the more I like (love) him. He's becoming a draft crush. He's going to be a 10 year all-pro center IMO and can also help at guard. If he's there in the third round, he's going to be very tempting with one of our third round picks.
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:
Somen tells me you still like him over Daniels. What's the deal with Billy Price, he seems to be hot and cold with some people, how do you rank all 3.

Price is a monster like a wild boar out there lol. He's strong as an ox, but I think his footwork needs some help. He might be a better fit for a power/gap blocking scheme. IMO Daniels is an ideal center for this system.
Originally posted by Heroism:

Bring this guy in!
Share 49ersWebzone