LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 152 users in the forums

James Daniels, C, Iowa

Figured this dude needs his own thread because his buzz around here should pick up as we move forward in the draft process. One of the best ZBS centers in the draft. Already has multiple years of experience as a starter doing exactly what Kyle would ask of him at the NFL level. I'm sure Kyle has a good feel for the Iowa players given the amount of time he spent studying CJ and Kittle.

6'4" 300 lbs
Junior

Won't be 21 years old until week 2 of his rookie season.

Love this dude, can we just draft all Iowa players lol?
The depth of interior line is why I lean more towards Smith at our pick
Where do you seem him going Heroism? Draft positioning wise
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:

No idea. Late day 2-early day 3 maybe?

Teams might relegate him to zone scheme only. If so, we'd be the beneficiaries.
Originally posted by Heroism:
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:

No idea. Late day 2-early day 3 maybe?

Teams might relegate him to zone scheme only. If so, we'd be the beneficiaries.

Nice
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Love this dude, can we just draft all Iowa players lol?

Seriously can we? A draft of Joshua Jackson, James Daniels, Akrum Wadley, Josey Jewel and then Adrian Clayborn in free aganecy would be fine with me.
Don't forget Sean Welsh, another excellent ZBS prospect at guard.

You know all these guys we are falling in love with will be drafted way before our second round pick .

I would love to get this kid in the second round.
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
You know all these guys we are falling in love with will be drafted way before our second round pick .

I mean his skill set is for ZBS which takes him off a ton of teams draft boards already....there's a ton of good center prospects in this draft. Also center isn't usually a top end pick in drafts.

I could see him there in the 3rd round.
Originally posted by Cisco0623:

I mean his skill set is for ZBS which takes him off a ton of teams draft boards already....there's a ton of good center prospects in this draft. Also center isn't usually a top end pick in drafts.

This would be ideal for the 49ers
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Seriously can we? A draft of Joshua Jackson, James Daniels, Akrum Wadley, Josey Jewel and then Adrian Clayborn in free aganecy would be fine with me.

No to Jewel, please. I don't see an NFL-caliber talent there. But heck yes to Jackson and Daniels.

I could even see 4th unless teams plan to move him to guard
Share 49ersWebzone