LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 427 users in the forums

Braden Smith, Auburn, OG

Not sure if there's a thread for him

This kid is a monster, plain and simple....they call him the terminator and for good reason.

6-6 300 and if he would have came out last yr he would have had the highest broad jump and vertical out of every OT last yr in the combine. Dude runs a 4.95, can squat 600lbs, and bench 495 lbs.

[ Edited by NYniner85 on Jan 1, 2018 at 10:38 AM ]

Kid finishes plays
I'm struggling to try and watch everyone but Braden Smith is immense, they just put him at RT, called an outside run his way and he got out in space and walled off and walled off a LB.

His athleticism is unreal, he is perfect for our scheme
One of the best guards for our scheme in the draft.
Originally posted by 49erBigMac:
I'm struggling to try and watch everyone but Braden Smith is immense, they just put him at RT, called an outside run his way and he got out in space and walled off and walled off a LB.

His athleticism is unreal, he is perfect for our scheme

Originally posted by Heroism:
One of the best guards for our scheme in the draft.

I think we could trade down go BPA and go for smith with whatever extra pick we got in the trade down...this kid could be money in our scheme.
Yeah like Phoenix mentioned awhile ago, this dude is the absolute best scheme fit for us. Would be great to get him
Been on the Smith bandwagon for some time.

Just not sure how he's going to fall to us unless we trade back in the first or package picks to move up into the early second.
Originally posted by JaggedJ:
Been on the Smith bandwagon for some time.

Just not sure how he's going to fall to us unless we trade back in the first or package picks to move up into the early second.

Sadly this, he would be a huge upgrade, but no way we get him unless we trade up to the early/mid 2nd round

If Roquan Smith is gone at our pick, and a QB is there, I would be very open to trading with the bills for their 1st and 2nd and 2019 1st rounder, then we could get Braden Smith with a slight trade up in the 2nd.

I really like Braden Smith, but if you watch the first half with 50 seconds left, he gets destroyed on a bull rush... the DT throws him 5 yards back and into the QB for a sack, the whole UCF line killed Auburn on the play, and Griffin was coming on the edge for a nice pressure too. Fun play to watch
Originally posted by irishluder:
I really like Braden Smith, but if you watch the first half with 50 seconds left, he gets destroyed on a bull rush... the DT throws him 5 yards back and into the QB for a sack, the whole UCF line killed Auburn on the play, and Griffin was coming on the edge for a nice pressure too. Fun play to watch

Saw that what's sure of that was on the center though.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

It was on Smith, but he had already made his block and was sliding across and off balance, no issue with it, none of our guards would have even got to the 2nd guy
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Yeah I dont put it on Smith either, even the commentators couldn't believe it. Smith is going to be a steal in the 2nd, take him over Garnett in a heart beat fit wise in our system.
Really clever from UCF, but telling how good Braden Smith is, they are lining Griffin up across from him but he is a QB spy and not actually rushing, but it's keeping Smith from helping the other lineman.

Ultimate respect there
Share 49ersWebzone