LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 378 users in the forums

Braden Smith, Auburn, OG

Originally posted by NYniner85:
Auburn G Braden Smith produced a composite ranking in the 83rd percentile at the NFL Scouting Combine.

Smith (6'6/315) is considered one of the strongest players in the class, so it's no surprise he ranked near the top of offensive players with 34 reps in the bench press. He also ran well -- or reasonably well, considering his size -- which should place him right in the middle of the hunt for being one of the first guards off the board. NFL.com's Lance Zierlein compares Smith to Kevin Zeitler.

If we don't sign a G in FA.. Hope he's there with the Saints pick if we don't move up and see if we pull the trigger
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I'd cream my pants if we drafted Smith.
Originally posted by mayo49:

Yup! Braden is a stud, I like Nelson and Wynn slightly more, and Hernandez slightly less, but Braden looks like he could be the best value pick of the lot.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Those three you mention I'd be on board with.
Won't be on the board when our second rounder comes along.
Why is dude's name is slipping my mind but didn't the niners draft a G/T a few years ago?I hope Smith doesn't flame out like that guy.
[ Edited by pdizo916 on Mar 7, 2018 at 4:16 AM ]
Originally posted by 49erBigMac:

Yup! Braden is a stud, I like Nelson and Wynn slightly more, and Hernandez slightly less, but Braden looks like he could be the best value pick of the lot.

At this point those guy might be 1st rd to high end 2nd rd picks (Nelson top 5 imo)

Smith/teller/Corbett are guys I hope we look at
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Why is dude's name is slipping my mind but didn't the niners draft a G/T a few years ago?I hope Smith doesn't flame out like that guy.

Garnett is who i'm assuming you're talking about. Just because one guy isn't a fit or doesn't do well doesn't mean we should avoid drafting that position moving forward...

At this point those guy might be 1st rd to high end 2nd rd picks (Nelson top 5 imo)

You might be right, and I like Corbett, not sure I'm Teller after SB, but everyone thought Forrest Lamp was a guaranteed 1st rounder, and he fell into the 2nd, team's aren't as high on Guards as the media or fans.

You might be right, and I like Corbett, not sure I'm Teller after SB, but everyone thought Forrest Lamp was a guaranteed 1st rounder, and he fell into the 2nd, team's aren't as high on Guards as the media or fans.

I thought Teller looked fine overall at the SB..he didn't win every single one-on-one drill but that's fine.

https://www.gobblercountry.com/2018/1/29/16948908/virginia-tech-football-wyatt-teller-with-a-strong-week-at-the-senior-bowl

you'd better not be comparing Nelson to Lamp lol

Garnett? Silberman? Looney? Martin? Thomas?
The 49ers could draft two guards this year and be set for like 8 to 10 years. So many high quality prospects like Smith.

Sure you are not thinking of the Steelers?
I thought Teller looked fine overall at the SB..he didn't win every single one-on-one drill but that's fine.

https://www.gobblercountry.com/2018/1/29/16948908/virginia-tech-football-wyatt-teller-with-a-strong-week-at-the-senior-bowl

No not at all, just can see everyone going a little lower than projected.

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
The 49ers could draft two guards this year and be set for like 8 to 10 years. So many high quality prospects like Smith.

Absolutely this, it's a great class, I want one pure Guard and then another C/G or G/T prospect.

No not at all, just can see everyone going a little lower than projected.

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Absolutely this, it's a great class, I want one pure Guard and then another C/G or G/T prospect.

I'm settling in on Wyatt Teller and Mason Cole as my mid rounders. Freeing us up to pick more "fun" positions earlier
Share 49ersWebzone