LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 383 users in the forums

Tremaine Edmunds - LB - Virginia Tech

Originally posted by OnTheClock:
MD and I were so wrong on this kid. Neither of us thought he had elite instincts. Can't get 'em all right, but you gotta be man enough to admit when you're wrong. Kudos to the job he's doing. For the sake of Frank Gore, I hope he helps them go to a Super Bowl. If the Niners aren't in it, then I hope they win one for Frankie.

• okdkid
  • Veteran
Performing like one of the top LBs to come out in the last couple years. Showing his elite instincts weekly.
He's playing at a very high level as MLB for one of the best defenses in the NFL. Only 20yrs old to
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
His combination of elite athleticism and instincts is incredible. Already one of the very best LBs in the game.

Originally posted by okdkid:
His combination of elite athleticism and instincts is incredible. Already one of the very best LBs in the game.

People hated him here.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Jan 2, 2020 at 9:37 AM ]
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tjd808185:
People hated him here.

He & Warner are already the best LBs of that class by a comfortable margin. In regard to Edmunds, it was clear on tape leading up to the draft as well.

But people overthink it.
People hated him here.

He & Warner are already the best LBs of that class by a comfortable margin. In regard to Edmunds, it was clear on tape leading up to the draft as well.

But people overthink it.

I'd add Darius Leonard and leighton vander esch to that list, maybe Roquan too

People hated him here.

Didn't hate didn't love...some people had him pegged as a edge rusher and that simply wasn't true.

Also imo having a ton of tackles and playing every snap doesn't = real good. Example Jordan hicks.

Not saying he won't be or isn't just not a great stat to conclude anything imo
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Jan 2, 2020 at 12:00 PM ]
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Would love to hear MadDog's take in Edmunds now

Goddamn the Chiefs worked this guy all game long. They kept throwing out cheese and he kept chasing it. Just completely lost while in coverage.

• TyCore
  • Veteran
Reminded me of Richard Sherman in the SB. A sitting duck.
LOL, I was smhing after watching this play live.

• All22
  • Veteran
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Here's my thoughts on the kid: Better athlete than football player. He is going to test off the charts at the combine...however, he doesn't have great football instincts, nor great football intelligence. In nearly every game I watched this year, he makes one really bad decision/mental mistake that causes a HUGE chunk play. He will collect tackles (he is a very solid tackler) and flash at times due to his incredible athleticism. However, overall, he is NOT a first round football player to me.

Spot on.
Originally posted by Heroism:
LOL, I was smhing after watching this play live.

https://www.reddit.com/r/buffalobills/comments/sbcprh/how_do_we_feel_about_edmunds/

Bills fans basically regurgitating his entire pre-draft scouting report.
Share 49ersWebzone