There are 307 users in the forums

Tremaine Edmunds - LB - Virginia Tech

I can't remember the last time zoners fought ( I use that term loosely) over 2 prospects like this (Smith, Edmunds). Kinda feels polarizing. Draft forum was more fun when we just spread out our desires over a more diverse list of prospects imho. I guess This situation is different because we want two different guys that play the same position.

On a side note, Whatever happened to the zoner named "on the clock"? I think that was his name or maybe it was something similar.

The guy used to be all over the draft forum. Did he quit his account or something? Just curious
https://www.ndtscouting.com/ledyard-evaluating-grading-deep-linebacker-class/

Great in depth analysis here that i agree with.

Has Roquan Smith ranked 1 and an early first rounder.

Rashaan Evans is 2nd with a mid to late first rounder.

Trumaine Edmunds is 3rd as an early 2nd rounder.
Originally posted by Dillesq:

This part caught ny eye.

Competitive toughness is something all of these linebackers clearly possessed, although Warner and Edmunds are more finesse players than they are physical alphas.

Great article, thanks Dillesq. I noticed Warner in the Senior Bowl but he didn't pop to me, might have to look into him. Sounds like a perfect SAM for us, who could transition to the other spots as well.

Reinforces my opinion of Roquan, I think it practically proves that Edmunds is below him as a player, he didn't factor in upside but you could tell he knows what he's talking about.
Nobody is perfect and ALL LBs coming out of college has good and bad plays, whether he be Patrick Willis, Brian Urlacher, Roquan Smith, or Tremaine Edmunds. Of course that can be said about any player which is why the draft has never and will never be an exact science. GMs and coaches select who they project to be fits and performers for their teams and then start praying those or some of those selections pan out. There is a lot of luck that goes into this.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran

Early 2nd? How am i supposed to take his analysis seriously?
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Jcool:

Comical analysis. He just makes stuff up. Needs the clicks.
Lol Ledyard is a film junkie, not a media guy getting paid a ton of money to push narratives. He's saying where he believes his talent based value lays, not where he projects them to go. For someone feigning so much objectivity, you sure make it clear that you have an agenda lol.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ERFANb4Uwas:
I can't remember the last time zoners fought ( I use that term loosely) over 2 prospects like this (Smith, Edmunds). Kinda feels polarizing. Draft forum was more fun when we just spread out our desires over a more diverse list of prospects imho. I guess This situation is different because we want two different guys that play the same position.

On a side note, Whatever happened to the zoner named "on the clock"? I think that was his name or maybe it was something similar.

The guy used to be all over the draft forum. Did he quit his account or something? Just curious

Happens every year. And really it's just 8-10 of us. No big whoop. Personally, both are good prospects. Virtually equal in overall grade. People saying otherwise are just picking fights. But also don't think we should go LB in round 1.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by adrianlesnar:
Lol Ledyard is a film junkie, not a media guy getting paid a ton of money to push narratives. He's saying where he believes his talent based value lays, not where he projects them to go. For someone feigning so much objectivity, you sure make it clear that you have an agenda lol.

No more or less credible than any other nationally cited source. Just a dude with an opinion.

I mean a lot of Edmunds is based off potential rather than being pro-ready...he did say as the season went on his instincts improved, but at this point imo he's not on the level as Smith as a NFL ready LBer.

No way in hell he gets drafted in the 2nd because of that athletic ability and the fact that he's just scratching the surface as to what he could be.

s**t I wouldn't have a issue drafting smith/Edmonds or waiting to get a guy like Moore/ leonard later in he draft. Ton of options which is great for us.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran

• okdkid
  • Veteran

I do love the scouting elitism. "No! My guy is legit! He agrees with my opinions! Yours sucks!" lol
Ledyard's opinion is an educated one. The guy doesn't just make blanket statements, he substantiates his claims with evidence.
Originally posted by okdkid:

I do love the scouting elitism. "No! My guy is legit! He agrees with my opinions! Yours sucks!" lol

I'm curious as to where I posted an opinion? Aside, of course, from me thinking There is a bit of trolling going on from the poster.
Share 49ersWebzone