49ers' 2024 Schedule Tracker →

There are 128 users in the forums

Tremaine Edmunds - LB - Virginia Tech

Originally posted by gold49digger:
to the webzone vets, i wasn't around when we drafted willis. what was the reaction when we drafted him? i remember a friend hating the pick i wonder if it was the same here.

Patrick Willis was my favorite prospect in my 23 years as a 49er fan. All I used to watch back in those days was college highlight film and I was in love with his highlight reels. I wanted him so bad after seeing that play where he spiked the LSU RB inside the goal line.

I have yet to see another draft prospect that comes close to making me want them here as much as I wanted Willis. He was a huge fan favorite coming out of Ole Miss.
to the webzone vets, i wasn't around when we drafted willis. what was the reaction when we drafted him? i remember a friend hating the pick i wonder if it was the same here.

From what I recall the WZ was pretty split on picking him versus Adam Carriker from Nebraska. Thank god we ended picking up Willis.
Originally posted by Nastastical:
Patrick Willis was my favorite prospect in my 23 years as a 49er fan. All I used to watch back in those days was college highlight film and I was in love with his highlight reels. I wanted him so bad after seeing that play where he spiked the LSU RB inside the goal line.

I have yet to see another draft prospect that comes close to making me want them here as much as I wanted Willis. He was a huge fan favorite coming out of Ole Miss.

Originally posted by asu49ers:
From what I recall the WZ was pretty split on picking him versus Adam Carriker from Nebraska. Thank god we ended picking up Willis.

oh carriker lol thats a name i have not heard of in a long time.

asking cause i thought maybe there was a lot of people that didn't like patrick but were in awe of his athletic prowess. plus fans love comparisons and tremain wears number 49 like he did in college

still prefer roquan by a mile though.

The second Atlanta took Jamal Anderson, I knew Willis was ours. The falcons were the only team that were a threat to steal him from us and they ended up drafting an epic bust in Anderson. Thank you Atlanta!
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Sounds like we are going to go with aldon instead of jj ....again.

Don't insult Aldon like that
Originally posted by Nastastical:

Dude are you me? haha I still remember the feeling I had when we drafted him. Although I didn't have an account then (was basically a lurker) everyone was in love with Willis. There was a little uncertainty that we may take Adam Carriker over him though. God that off season was so fun on here with the Clements signing/hype around the team.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
9. San Francisco: Tremaine Edmunds, LB, Virginia Tech
Edmunds came on my radar late in the season. He's a freak, built for the K.J. Wright/De'Vondre Campbell role in the Niners' Seattle-style scheme.

Yup and there was the "can't take an ILB that high" discussion going on but his 4.38 40 pretty much ended that and it moved to more need based and "you can get a LBer anywhere in the draft"
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:

Yup and there was the "can't take an ILB that high" discussion going on but his 4.38 40 pretty much ended that and it moved to more need based and "you can get a LBer anywhere in the draft"

Have a feeling he's gonna be the pick as of now :/
How old is he?

Seeing Jan 20, 1997 (http://www.hokiesports.com/football/players/edmunds_terrell.html_)

and May 2, 1998 (if you just google it)

• FL9er
  • Veteran
Ok this is becoming absurd when these mockers just put the same prospect with certain teams (eg. Edmunds).
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by FL9er:
Ok this is becoming absurd when these mockers just put the same prospect with certain teams (eg. Edmunds).

...or maybe you're just upset its not the name you prefer? Surely if all these guys with NFL connections were putting Roquan in to the Niners there wouldn't be a complaint.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by okdkid:

...or maybe you're just upset its not the name you prefer? Surely if all these guys with NFL connections were putting Roquan in to the Niners there wouldn't be a complaint.

I might complain!
[ Edited by Jcool on Feb 21, 2018 at 6:01 PM ]
  • FL9er
  • Veteran

Nope, I don't have a draft favorite just a general comment. It seems like some of these people that make mocks don't put any thought into team needs/fit, and just parrot what every pundit is saying about [insert prospect].

Maybe we're planting the seed we like Edmunds cause we really want Roquan

The smoke screens have begun my friend, enjoy
Share 49ersWebzone