There are 124 users in the forums

Derrius Guice, RB, LSU

Originally posted by Heroism:

Guice is an animal. The guy runs like somebody slapped his momma.

[ Edited by Heroism on Jan 5, 2018 at 11:14 AM ]
Would be nice if he was there late 2nd
I have to watch more of him, does he even have a chance to make it the niners 2nd round pick as of now ?
Originally posted by jersey49er:
I have to watch more of him, does he even have a chance to make it the niners 2nd round pick as of now ?

Not if teams are smart.
Inspirational. It explains why he runs so god damn hard. I'm not betting against this guy. I'm starting to feel the Frank Gore comp, both on and off the field. I think he's the best RB in the draft. Barkley is the better overall player and brings more to the table in the pass game, but I'd prefer Guice carries the rock on run plays. That's my opinion.

[ Edited by Heroism on Jan 5, 2018 at 11:50 AM ]
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Originally posted by eastcoast49ersfan:
Guice is a monster. The only reason he's not getting as hyped as Barkley is that he's been dealing with a nagging injury all season, but he's every bit the beast that Barkley is. I like that, unlike Barkley, Guice will run through somebody's face.

Daniel Jeremiah is adamant that he sees a young Frank Gore in Guice.

If Guice is the next Frank Gore, he's still not half the prospect Barkley is. He's very tough to bring down, but Fournette was a better player than Guice (by far). Guice had a better Y/C average last year because Fournette got the vast majority of the work against the tough teams on LSU's schedule while Guice got a lot of carries late in games and against the cupcakes on their schedule. Barkley may be a better prospect than Fournette because of his receiving ability.

As a runner, they're close - Guice will break more tackles, but Barkley has breakaway speed.

I think Barkley is better, but also from what I've Seen Guice is more physical than Barkley as said earlier. My guess is the top 3-4 backs go in the 1st this year. I was surpised because you hear almost nothing about him, but I think he may the top back after Barkley.

I know people are viewing Barkley as a generational prospect, but the reality is others have it much closer between Guice and Barkley.

I think Guice could go earlier than expected (10-20 range), while Barkley falls into the (6-15 range). The gap is much closer than what's seen on this board.
Inspirational. It explains why he runs so god damn hard. I'm not betting against this guy. I'm starting to feel the Frank Gore comp, both on and off the field. I think he's the best RB in the draft. That's my opinion.

Tough kid who seems determined to be great, love to see kids overcome difficult situations when they can go the other way, shows there is a way out..I think he's going top 25, I think he would look great on a team like Baltimore..
I love him, he does remind me of Gore, but maybe even more physical. He doesn't have that top end speed tho which is OK. I do believe that is why Barkley is the better prospect, he can break a tackle or two and be gone, where as it seems Guice will get caught.
i dont know about Guice. It seems his strength is running through guys and breaking tackles. Hard to say that he can do the same to professional players.
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
i dont know about Guice. It seems his strength is running through guys and breaking tackles. Hard to say that he can do the same to professional players.

Coaching my dude.. Coaching. Can break habits. Hydes improved.

I'm starting to see more tweets each day like this one on my timeline:

[ Edited by Heroism on Jan 9, 2018 at 12:36 PM ]

I hope GM's are just as foolish, everyone is examining Barkley the college RB, the special part is Barkley the prospect, he can get stronger and faster, works crazy hard and is coachable, he will be a monster.
[ Edited by 49erBigMac on Jan 9, 2018 at 12:43 PM ]
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erBigMac:

I hope GM's are just as foolish, everyone is examining Barkley the college RB, the special part is Barkley the prospect, he can get stronger and faster, works crazy hard and is coachable, he will be a monster.

So can Guice
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Jan 10, 2018 at 2:53 PM ]
Originally posted by NYniner85:
So can Guice

It's true, they are both young and not maxxed out, I was referring to Barkley's work ethic, I haven't heard enough about Guice's to comment, but they are both weight room warriors.

Barkley struggled to pass protect, he's now pretty good, he ran good routes, now very good, he caught the ball well, now better.

I think Guice might actually be better at running the football, but I'm convinced he's not the better RB.
Share 49erswebzone