LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 306 users in the forums

Derrius Guice, RB, LSU

The problem is he will be long gone by our second pick. Love his play tho.
Conner Rogers of bleacher report has us taking him at 9...he compared him to a mix of Ingram/lynch and thinks he's just as good as Barkley and would be a monster in this system.
Thoughts on a trade down and going after Guice?
Originally posted by NYniner85:

I can't see Kyle doing it.

Until he proves otherwise, I'm sticking with his old man's philosophy of no early RBs. I think Breida's success only reinforced their belief that they can find RBs that fit their system later in the draft.
[ Edited by Heroism on Jan 11, 2018 at 12:03 PM ]
Originally posted by Heroism:

Until he proves otherwise, I'm sticking with his old man's philosophy of no early RBs. I think Breida's success only reinforced their belief that they can find RBs that fit their system later in the draft.

Yeah I agree on that, but if we can things done in FA and we can move down with say zona at 15 (snag their #2) Id have no problem with it...at some pt bpa matters lol.

I've seen analysist compare him to LT/frank gore/lynch...just thinking outside of the box a little ha
not gonna happen
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
not gonna happen

not gonna happen cause he's not a fit or the FO just won't draft a RB in the 1st (trade down scenario)?

Just saw this lol

Talk is cheap. Prove it.
Talk is cheap. Prove it.

Ha

• evil
  • Veteran
The answer lies within "when it makes sense for your team".

Did it make sense to take a RB like Fournette when we had glaring holes at multiple critical positions? No.
With a great name like that, he deserves to be drafted by us.
LOL. This guy is overrated in the same mold Mixon was last year. All last offseason i heard about how much better Guice was than Fournette. How Fournette wasnt even the best RB on the roster....LOL.

Guice is not even close to as good a prospect as Barkley, nor is he as good a fit for the system. Once again, Barkley is the best RB to come out since LT.

Neither will be 49ers.
[ Edited by IdahoNiner on Jan 11, 2018 at 6:51 PM ]
Good fit for Seahawks but they either take front 7 or deal 1st round picks
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
LOL. This guy is overrated in the same mold Mixon was last year. All last offseason i heard about how much better Guice was than Fournette. How Fournette wasnt even the best RB on the roster....LOL.

Guice is not even close to as good a prospect as Barkley, nor is he as good a fit for the system. Once again, Barkley is the best RB to come out since LT.

Neither will be 49ers.

What's overrated about his game? Just curious....I don't think there's a single person that doesn't think Barkley is the better RB. Dude is a beast without question

Guice seems to have good lateral quickness and burst through the holes, there's no dancing or hesitation....aren't those positives for our scheme?
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Jan 11, 2018 at 7:28 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone