LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 307 users in the forums

Josh Allen OLB/ILB/DE Kentucky

Man, it's going to be a pain in the ass to evaluate players this year without draft breakdown. But I found this sweet rush by Allen. It looks like he tried to use a chop-rip to clear the tackles hands. I appreciate the effort. One thing I love about Allen is how good he is at cornering. He flattens with great consistency.

[ Edited by Heroism on Oct 23, 2018 at 5:52 PM ]
Originally posted by Heroism:
Man, it's going to be a pain in the ass to evaluate players this year without draft breakdown. But I found this sweet rush by Allen. It looks like he tried to use a chop-rip to clear the tackles hands. I appreciate the effort. One thing I love about Allen is how good he is at cornering. He flattens with great consistency.

His hand usage needs work but he has already improved quite a bit from last year. His position coach has extensive experience coaching in the NFL as well so that definitely doesn't hurt.
I wish he'd use his hands more.

Ask and you shall receive!! Allen's ability to corner through contact is ridiculous.

[ Edited by Heroism on Oct 27, 2018 at 6:28 PM ]
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Quite honestly, he could play both the LEO and SAM in theory. We could go with a monster pass rush set if we had another top tier rusher to put on the field with him at the same time.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Quite honestly, he could play both the LEO and SAM in theory. We could go with a monster pass rush set if we had another top tier rusher to put on the field with him at the same time.

Next year, Fowler, Buckner, Thomas, Allen ? Would be crazy, any of the top 5 pass rushers with signing Fowler would be great honestly..
This dude is growing on me weekly. Could be my draft crush by seasons end that I'd even take over Bosa if he keeps it up. All he does is produce in every aspect defensively including coverage. Reminds me of Khalil Mack and how he impacted the game his draft year
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Should be a top 5 pick. Definitely in the running when we win a pointless game.
Ask and you shall receive!! Allen's ability to corner through contact is ridiculous.

He's got a penchant for big plays at key moments. Kyle was saying that they needed closers, this dude gets all the coffee. Give me Fowler at Leo and Allen at SAM.

• okdkid
  • Veteran
Weighs 260 now. Has elite potential. Right up there with all the other top pass rushers this draft.
Just watched Mississippi State tape. Looks like Dion Jordan to me.

That's the problem with these guys. Is he Von Miller or Dion Jordan?

It also looks like he struggles in the run game. That's going to a problem next level. And if he struggles in the run game, all we have is a situational pass rusher. We already blew one high pick on a guy playing 30% of snaps. Don't need another.
Originally posted by SisterFister:
Just watched Mississippi State tape. Looks like Dion Jordan to me.

That's the problem with these guys. Is he Von Miller or Dion Jordan?

It also looks like he struggles in the run game. That's going to a problem next level. And if he struggles in the run game, all we have is a situational pass rusher. We already blew one high pick on a guy playing 30% of snaps. Don't need another.

You've come to this conclusion after watching one game. Cool story bro
The more I see, the more I like. His hand usage appears to improve weekly.

Chop-rip seems to be his go-to move against low hands. Keep those hands firing.

The mark of a great speed rusher is being able to counter an overset'ing tackle selling out to stop speed. Nice. I still want to see if he can go speed-to-power.

[ Edited by Heroism on Oct 31, 2018 at 10:29 AM ]
The more I see, the more I like. His hand usage appears to improve weekly.

Chop-rip seems to be his go-to move against low hands. Keep those hands firing.

The mark of a great speed rusher is being able to counter an overset'ing tackle selling out to stop speed. Nice. I still want to see if he can go speed-to-power.

Great clips and feedback on him - thank you. I've only watched him some this year...great to hear he's continuing to improve in key areas as a pass rusher.
Share 49ersWebzone