LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 208 users in the forums

Josh Allen OLB/ILB/DE Kentucky

I love him as SAM in our scheme. Anyone have tape of his coverage skills?
Big matchup today
Allen fumble recovery
Watching him now. Not generating much pressure today so far, but good awareness and calmness to not panic and botch the fumble recovery like some players do.
Lmfao, how does the ball always fall right into the arms of Allen?
If we traded back, he could be a nice pickup for us.

Imagine Josh Allen sacking Josh Allen.
[ Edited by TheXFactor on Nov 6, 2018 at 11:34 AM ]
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
This guy should be consistently mentioned as a top 5 player.
Originally posted by TheXFactor:
If we traded back, he could be a nice pickup for us.

Imagine Josh Allen sacking Josh Allen.

Sacking Josh Allen is way down our list of concerns lol. I'd be more excited about him sacking Goff, Wilson, Rosen..etc. Not a guy we will see once every 4 years.
Josh Allen is my favorite pass rusher behind Nick Bosa. So if we don't land the top guy, we should run to the podium for Allen.
2 recent observations I've made from watching Allen. He needs to improve his pad level. He plays too high and gives up a lot of surface area, especially around the arc. He makes it easier for tackles to get their hands on him.

This stance is causing him to leave performance and production on the field.

[ Edited by Heroism on Nov 13, 2018 at 10:46 AM ]

Originally posted by Heroism:
2 recent observations I've made from watching Allen. He needs to improve his pad level. He plays too high and gives up a lot of surface area, especially around the arc. He makes it easier for tackles to get their hands on him.

This stance is causing him to leave performance and production on the field.

Something easily corrected, no?
Originally posted by daragon:
Something easily corrected, no?

Si
Allen is not JUST a pass rusher. The Wildcats use him a ton in pass coverage and he appears to be decent at setting the edge vs the run. He is the skill set and type of player the Niners could use at SAM LB.
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Allen is not JUST a pass rusher. The Wildcats use him a ton in pass coverage and he appears to be decent at setting the edge vs the run. He is the skill set and type of player the Niners could use at SAM LB.

This is true.

Which is annoying when watching because he should be getting after the QB on every opportunity.
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:

Agreed. That is why I have him right behind Bosa for the 49ers.
Share 49ersWebzone